hf1

Leotard pattern?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Leotard pattern?

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm half inclined to just make this up - but if there is an easy (free) online pattern available then that would make life easier ;)

Basically Isabelle does Gymnastics and really enjoys it but she's still doing it in shorts and t-shirt which is fine really but we are hoping she earns a badge this time around and she will want me to sew it on something ;) and I've got a fair bit of hand-dyed bamboo velour waiting to be used so I thought I'd try my hand at making a leotard!!

I want it to be fairly low cut round the legs (so not high legs as I don't think that's a good look on a 5yo!) and can't decide whether it should be long sleeved or short sleeved... 3/4 or 1/2 sleeves would probably be best though I think but I've never sewn sleeves before :lol:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Leotard pattern?

Postby sweetiepups » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:43 pm

No idea if there is one online mama sorry, but I could really do with one too.

I will try and do some web surfing over the next few days and if I find one, I will lket you know

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Leotard pattern?

Postby keljbj » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:30 pm

http://themudpuddleproject.blogspot.com ... otard.html

Its sleeveless, but it is high legged :wink: Sleeves are easy enough to make though, just trace around the sleeve of a tight fitting t-shirt :D

Failing that you could just trace around a swimming costume to make a leotard pattern (thats what i did to make Acacia's tinkerbell costume).

Return to DIY and share your projects!