hf1

Safe dyes to use on baby items

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Safe dyes to use on baby items

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 am

katyav wrote:Oooh good idea! I have quite a few of those too, my sister showered me with johnson's lotions and potions when she came to visit despite the numerous "we're not using anything cause Aida has eczema, and when we will use stuff it'll be only natural things for the same reason"... for her as long as it says 'sensitive' on the bottle it doesn't matter what ingredients/chemicals there might be in it! :doh:
I had completely forgotten about those but at least now I can use them rather than just burying them in a drawer, as much as I don't like them I don't want to pour them down the drain either. Funny how "gentle" baby products work well to wash out dye!! :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle:
I also use them to wash my woolies if they are particuarly messy :wink:

My avatar
Popster
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Popster » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 am

katyav wrote:where can I get synthropol from? Can that be used with any kind of dye/fabrics?

You can get it on flea-bay :wink:

I use it on the last rinse of a dye run. It is used by many dyers to rinse out the last of the extra dye.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
katyav wrote:Oooh good idea! I have quite a few of those too, my sister showered me with johnson's lotions and potions when she came to visit despite the numerous "we're not using anything cause Aida has eczema, and when we will use stuff it'll be only natural things for the same reason"... for her as long as it says 'sensitive' on the bottle it doesn't matter what ingredients/chemicals there might be in it! :doh:
I had completely forgotten about those but at least now I can use them rather than just burying them in a drawer, as much as I don't like them I don't want to pour them down the drain either. Funny how "gentle" baby products work well to wash out dye!! :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle:
I also use them to wash my woolies if they are particuarly messy :wink:

:giggle: I have loads of Johnsons stuff that was never used too, had planned to give it to a friend who's daughter is having a baby but will keep it now I know it is good for rinsing out dye :wine:

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!