hf1

Bloomers/nappy cover for boys?

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Bloomers/nappy cover for boys?

Postby katyav » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi, in need of ideas... a friend of mine is going to have a little nephew in September, she has seen the photos of some nappies (and other stuff) I made and absolutely wants one to give her brother but they're not going to use cloth nappies so I was wondering what alternative I can make?
If it was a girl I would have just made some bloomers, but for boys, are there any nappy cover/underwear patterns for babies I could use that would fit over sposies? The thing she likes the most is my dyed fabrics hence the need for a pattern :)

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Bloomers/nappy cover for boys?

Postby Frances » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 pm

I haven't seen any sposie cover patterns, but in theory any nappy wrap cover would be fine over a sposie, you'd just need to size down the hips and rise slightly. There are a few pattern links at the top of the DIY forum, or you could buy the Darling Diaper pattern as I'm pretty sure that includes a wrap pattern.

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Bloomers/nappy cover for boys?

Postby katyav » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks, I might try that, I actually have the darling diapers pattern? I'm not sure cause we're going towards winter (even though my friends are both Italian so it won't be as cold as here!) and would a new parent really bother to put some "underpants" on if they are going to be covered by trousers? I need it to be summer again!! :wink:

Return to DIY and share your projects!