hf1

Umm not sure but. poss WAHM?

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Umm not sure but. poss WAHM?

Postby fay » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:24 am

after my quilt i made for Ava (dd) and the one i made for my friend 2 people have asked for them and 3 for the taggie i made!

was talking to hubby and thinking of making a few to sell but not sure how good i have to be to sell them to strangers bit worried they'll think there no good lol.

have any of you sold things you've made? do you have to have fire regs on things like blankets?

x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Umm not sure but. poss WAHM?

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:34 am

I'm pretty sure taggie blankets/toys are copyrighted, regardless of how you make them or what you call them, or who you sell them to. If you were going to sell to strangers then you'd want to look into public liability insurance, in case a child pulled off a bit of ribbon and choked or something (it probably never happens but you just never know!) I don't think there are any regulations around blankets, although I have a couple of market-stall purchased blankets that have a label saying they are not to be used on a sleeping child! Hopefully someone more helpfulthen me will come along :giggle:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:33 pm

fay wrote:after my quilt i made for Ava (dd) and the one i made for my friend 2 people have asked for them and 3 for the taggie i made!

was talking to hubby and thinking of making a few to sell but not sure how good i have to be to sell them to strangers bit worried they'll think there no good lol.

have any of you sold things you've made? do you have to have fire regs on things like blankets?

x

If people have asked for them, then they obviously don't think they're 'no good'! :wink:
That's my thought anyway. Good luck!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

I would steer clear of taggie type blankets/comforters due to the copyright issues. Taggie actively look for and request for people to report infringements.
Take a look at what you make and work out ow much it costs you in materials etc and then try work out how much you would have to sell them for in order to make it worth your while.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:14 pm

I agree with the others regarding taggies. I am not sure what the regulations are regarding blankets but all baby sleepwear needs to meet strict fire regulations so I'd assume it is the same for blankets.

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:56 pm

I could have made a fortune when Sasha was small :giggle: She would go straight for the tags on any toy, and i ended up cutting them all off and stringing them onto a scrap of blanket for her as a comforter. Taggie wasn't invented then. If only eh :wink:

I would agree with steering clear of anything resembling their trademark though. They are extremely agressive in their stomping of anyone they perceive as treading on their toes :-?

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 pm

ok thanks for all your help ladies

x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 am

Re the quilts/blankets. I think if you were to market them as decorative quilts rather than a cot blanket you'd be on safer ground. Your local Council Trading Standards service would be able to give you more advice.

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:44 am

have set up a group on FB just to sell to friends and family think i'll start small

;)

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!