hf1

Dribble bibs?

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Dribble bibs?

Postby yellow45 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:40 pm

We need some new dribble bibs as the bib fairy has seeemed to have run off with a couple. Instead of buying them, I was thinking of making my own but have a couple of questions:

-what material can I use on the back? I have some microfibre cloths-would they work or do I need a special material?

-how easy is it to add snaps to them? What would I need?

Thanks.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dribble bibs?

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:08 pm

The ones we have (bought ones) have fleece on the back.

I've got a handheld pair of snap pliers from dummy mummy. And find them really easy to apply.

Good luck. I need to make some for us as Eleanor has turned into a dribble monster!
I'm not sure about shape tho. Plain triangles? Or trying to get a gathered/bunched up neckline? Might just have a play around

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Of course, fleece! I have an old fleece blanket from ikea, would that work?

Thanks, will have a look at snap pliers.
I was thinking the same, but I'm not sure how I would do the gathered neckline, so will probably stick to plain trianges.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Any fleece will work. Cheap fleece blankets are great cut up. Microfleece is probably best, but any will do.

I think I'm going to start with plain triangles too, then just work from there

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:28 pm

I use fleece on the back and bv/knit/cotton on the front.

If you make a big square, and then cut it in half diagonally making one half slightly concave/the other convex, you can use the convex one for the back. This gives a lip of fabric which sits under the chin, and as its made from the stay-dry layer (fleece) it stops more dribble :wink: I have a pic of Acacia's dolly wearing one of mine if you want to see what i mean :giggle:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 pm

keljbj wrote:I use fleece on the back and bv/knit/cotton on the front.

If you make a big square, and then cut it in half diagonally making one half slightly concave/the other convex, you can use the convex one for the back. This gives a lip of fabric which sits under the chin, and as its made from the stay-dry layer (fleece) it stops more dribble :wink: I have a pic of Acacia's dolly wearing one of mine if you want to see what i mean :giggle:

That's perfect! Thanks!

Return to DIY and share your projects!