hf1

Storing sewing stuff

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Storing sewing stuff

Postby jennyclaire » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:41 pm

I am in need of something to store all my sewing stuff like threads, elastics, ribbons, hook and loop etc in as currently it's all getting tangled up in a shoe box!!! I just went to dunelm to see what they have but unsuccessful. How do you store your things?

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Storing sewing stuff

Postby mangajude » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:02 pm

I use an array of 'really useful' boxes

These being my fans for little things like buttons and threads

There are also some nice sewing boxes on ebay.

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:04 pm

My main stuff (seam ripper, pins, safety pins, needles etc) are in a proper sewing box (along with a load of other crap that i need to sort out :giggle: ).

Threads are in a little mini 2 drawer unit like this http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... D=33871387 but thinner and with 2 drawers instead of 3.

My ribbons, zips and other fastenings are together in an old biscuit tin, my snaps and snap press in another, my appliques and sew on/iron on pathches in another. I have one of the above 3 drawer units for bits and bobs too.

I really want one of these http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... D=34147962

But dh won't let me buy one as i don't know what i'd use it for :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:08 pm

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Most of bits and bobs are in here.. top threads in the top drawer, overlocking threads and cones in the 2nd drawer rulers, weights, sewing machine feet and tools... etc in the rest. Patterns not yet put into pattern card are laying flat in on with the rulers...

and here.. ( I have four of these though!) I use these for ribbons, elastics, velcro, binding, labels etc

The rest is scattered round my room on a messy day like today LOL

hahhaha.. clean day... it takes me half a day to get it back to this.. everything folded.. put in its place. and the cutting table cleared LOL

and the rest of the time it looks like this ;)

Last edited by ems on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Im going to be getting some of the "really useful" bozes next week. Have looked all around town but could find anything

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

ems wrote:Most of bits and bobs are in here.. top threads in the top drawer, overlocking threads and cones in the 2nd drawer rulers, weights, sewing machine feet and tools... etc in the rest. Patterns not yet put into pattern card are laying flat in on with the rulers...

and here.. ( I have four of these though!) I use these for ribbons, elastics, velcro, binding, labels etc

The rest is scattered round my room on a messy day like today LOL

:drool: :drool: I WANT THIS!!!!! :drool: :drool: have just shown hubby... and this was his response :shock: :roll:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:18 pm

ImisMummy wrote:Im going to be getting some of the "really useful" bozes next week. Have looked all around town but could find anything

I got some in wilkinsons a couple of weeks ago :)

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:20 pm

We literally just got back from wilkinsons and they didnt have any :cry: will check again next week before ordering online

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!