hf1

Freezer paper t shirt stencilling

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Freezer paper t shirt stencilling

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:03 pm

I am doing 3 t shirts in the morning, has anyone got any tips, please?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Freezer paper t shirt stencilling

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:59 am

Leave it all to dry overnight and don't be tempted to peel the stencil off early. This will make sure that no paint bleeds and you a crisp line.

I ironed some freezer paper onto the back too (inside the tshirt) to be 100% sure that none went through to to the back.

I got better results if you dab the paint on rather than 'paint' with brush strokes.

Good luck. I really enjoyed making ours!

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 am

Try not to apply the paint too thickly around the edges. If you do then the stencil sometimes sticks under the paint and you get torn bits of paper underneath the paint which is hard to get off :-? It does come out in the wash, but affects the crispness of the edges iygwim. Definitely put something between the front and back of the t-shirt so it doesn't bleed through. Take your time and make sure you have cut all the details out from the stencil, sometimes things that you think are going to look great are let down by lack of detail as they just end up looking like blobs once the stencil comes off :giggle:

Most of all, have fun :wine: I find it so relaxing to do, got loads in the pipeline for xmas pressies :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 am

What a great idea for Xmas presents! Don't forget pics!!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 pm

how do you do it? x

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:25 pm

http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/08/tut ... kenna.html :wink:

You can use any picture you want, just make sure its in silhouette so you get the picture and not just the outline :giggle: I did a google image search for what i wanted and then silhouette, and found loads :wink:

Return to DIY and share your projects!