hf1

Can anyone help me and spare a few powder blue snaps?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Can anyone help me and spare a few powder blue snaps?

Postby Rufies mama » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:56 am

Hi Ladies, I've just bought a lovely Mamabless wool wrap, the problem is that instead of proper snaps they've just used sew on metal press studs and they're already pulling at the wool stitches they're attached to.

I wondered if any of you lovely ladies might be able to spare 6 sets of plastic snaps that I could buy from you?? Ideally I need powder/pale blue to match this
Thank you in advance!

My avatar
GreenPanda
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Can anyone help me and spare a few powder blue snaps?

Postby GreenPanda » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:43 am

I've got some powder blue caps but my studs and sockets are off white, i'd be happy to send you them free if no one else can help

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 pm

I don't have any light blue poppers, but one word of warning before you go about changing them over - you will need to re-inforce the plastic snaps with some woven fabric (eg some bias binding or something) otherwise the poppers will pull thru your wool wrap.

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks so much Ladies! Ems from Little Gumnut has agreed to help me out with a few snaps but thanks so much for your offers. And Rae, thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of that! How should I attach the reinforcements?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 am

I don't think you are going to need to sew on the re-inforcement, you will just need to cut some fabric and put it on the underside of the snap. TBH I'm not sure how much reinforcement you will need with that particular wrap but have a look at some CSP - they normally reinforce where the poppers go thru on the wings.

Return to DIY and share your projects!