hf1

Stuffing/filler?

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Stuffing/filler?

Postby sportyminx » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Right, I have decided to make Bradley a knitted snake for christmas - possibly Naomi too though not decided for sure on that yet - and have just sorted out some perfect yarn - so all I need now is some help and recommendation of the best thing to stuff/fill it with and where to get it from :giggle:

TIA!

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Stuffing/filler?

Postby cath » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm

You can buy proper toy stuffing from places like dunelm mill but I tend to just rip up an old pillow & use the stuffing from that.

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm

cath wrote:You can buy proper toy stuffing from places like dunelm mill but I tend to just rip up an old pillow & use the stuffing from that.

Ooo thats a good idea, that you! though not sure we have any old pillows - will hunt around tomorrow :giggle:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I bought 2 pillows from ikea and they cost about £2, Asda were about the same price :D

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:25 am

Woozle35 wrote:I bought 2 pillows from ikea and they cost about £2, Asda were about the same price :D

excellent, will be going to asda then :giggle: thank you!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Was just gonna mention the cheap Ikea pillows work fab ;)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Just thought I would update as I bought both asda and ikea pillows. ikeas are much better for stuffing :wink:

My avatar
sportyminx
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby sportyminx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Woozle35 wrote:Just thought I would update as I bought both asda and ikea pillows. ikeas are much better for stuffing :wink:

Oh really - the ikea store is a long way, and asda is just a stones throw, so that is typical - hmmm, may just buy some toy stuffing from ebay or something :giggle:

Thanks for letting me know!

Return to DIY and share your projects!