hf1

Night Nappy Project

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Night Nappy Project

Postby Nimyue » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 am

First I'd like to say how inspiring all you ladies are!

I'm on a really tight budget so I found lots of preloved nappies, some of them include 15 Bamboozles, (I have 19 other diapers too). I've been looking into night nappies, because even though my little one is a light wetter, I'm petrified of leaks! Mind you, she spends half the night in our bed!

So, while there were a few cheaper options for night nappies including more preloved ones. I figure I have lots of diapers already so why not convert a few? I went to Wazoodle (which I found out about from the forum, had no idea this existed!) and found lots of wonderful materials! Including precut ones for diapers! Also, we're Americans living in Yorkshire so we have a US mailing address here in the UK (which makes shipping charges from US sites much much lower even though delivery takes longer) plus we get paid in dollars not pounds. So Wazoodle fit the bill so to speak.

I plan on making 5 night nappies.
I'm planning on using Zorb II covered by Bamboo Fleece, covered by MicroFibre Terry. I wasn't planning on sewing them all together but instead making a sort of pocket nappy out of my Bamboozle with some MicroFibre Fleece as the pocket. So besides adding a hem of sorts to keep fraying down on the inserts, I would only be sewing the pocket of fleece.

So, all you crafty laddies, am I totally daft or does this sound good?

Oh! the other major plus side is all the materials only cost $21.00, which is the price of 1 WNNN!

I'd love any suggestions and input!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Night Nappy Project

Postby monsterm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 am

Sounds like a fab idea hun but I would completely ditch the microfibre out of the nappy hun. Microfibre is not good in a night nappy as it compresses easy & wicks.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks! perhaps 2 Bamboo then. I'll be keeping them all separate as inserts in order to speed drying anyway. That way I can also play with different combinations as my LO gets older.

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Microfibre Fleece should be good for the pocket material right? I'd love OBV but I'll have to search for fabric availability in my area.

Return to DIY and share your projects!