hf1

Fimo buttons

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fimo buttons

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Does anyone know if buttons made from Fimo can go in the washing machine? I have a cardigan that I made purposefully in wool/acrylic mix so that it can go in the washing machine and just worried that if I put Fimo buttons on it will mean it can't be washed in the machine.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Fimo buttons

Postby scarlet » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 pm

I don't think they can....

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:30 pm

scarlet wrote:I don't think they can....

Thought that may be the case, wish I has used pure wool now as the only reason I didn't was so it could be machine washed :roll:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:09 pm

oh no. I made Dd's cardi out of superwash so i could machine it but was going to get fimo buttons.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:43 pm

i have washed polymer clay buttons in the machine as long as its v cool wash mine were ok but be careful and put them in a pillowcase first :D

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:33 pm

i make fimo buttons, and they are fine on a wool cycle in a machine, i tested both glazed and unglazed and both came out just dandy actually. no special treatment, just a wool cycle.x

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm not sure how the you'll cope continuely washed in a machine. Plain ones not so bad but detailed I wouldn't be so sure. I've tested mine lots of different ways and soaking them over night is not recommended :giggle:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:45 pm

ah yes didn't think of the the detailed oi probably wouldn't machine wash those, i do more plain ones for personal use, that's the kind i was thinking of. not soaked any yet either, but i guess if they was on dungarees etc u could just leave the top section out?

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:57 pm

evansmummy wrote:I'm not sure how the you'll cope continuely washed in a machine. Plain ones not so bad but detailed I wouldn't be so sure. I've tested mine lots of different ways and soaking them over night is not recommended :giggle:

Mine ones from you Kim have coped with overnight soaking for lanolising fairly well, the varnish has gone a little bit rough in places but the fimo itself is fine.

Return to DIY and share your projects!