hf1

What am I doing wrong

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What am I doing wrong

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 pm

I now get the top stitch ok, a bit wonky but clumping together underneath.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Have you changed your bobbin? (The little one that goes in the machine?) Sorry to ask something so simple but I had this problem and the plastic bobbin that slots in my machine was slightly worn on one end and it messed my whole machine up. (Just a thought)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:Have you changed your bobbin? (The little one that goes in the machine?) Sorry to ask something so simple but I had this problem and the plastic bobbin that slots in my machine was slightly worn on one end and it messed my whole machine up. (Just a thought)

Yes, they are metal bobbins and I have used 4 different ones today, I kept changing colours. I changed the needle too.

My avatar
lmap44
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lmap44 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 am

Did you manage to solve the problem? I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago. Combination of changing needlesand re threading both top and bottom bobbins worked.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 pm

lmap44 wrote:Did you manage to solve the problem? I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago. Combination of changing needlesand re threading both top and bottom bobbins worked.

Sorry Lisa @Imap44 I have only just seen this. No I did not get it sorted and have spent about 10 hours in the last 3 days messing about with it. I have one well oiled, very clean machine that still does not stitch. Dh is going to take it to the sewing machine shop tomorrow to see how much they will charge for it.

My avatar
lmap44
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lmap44 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 am

Hope u get it sorted x

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!