hf1

BLW bib design - prototype made but not yet tested! pic pg2

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: BLW bib design - opinions/ideas needed

Postby KimmyM » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Really the JL's one's when I pull them up under her underarms tsit about half way down her forearms and she's only 7months. Prehaps mine are cut different. I have one from Babies r us which is useless as the sleeves are so long.
Guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time. Good hunting/ designing.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I love the ikea ones - I have 2 sleeveless ones which are nice and wide and long with a pouch, and two all over with sleeves ones which I use mostly if she's wearing a particularly nice outfit or eating something especially orange :giggle:. The sleeves are a bit long but fine if you roll them up :-)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 pm

KimmyM wrote:I use the coverall bibs I got some great one's from John Lewis and they work fab for us. Waterproof lining on the chest 3/4 sleeves, applix at the back of the neck abd a tie around the waist to keep closed. They cover DD's thighs in her bumbo aswell. They tick all my box's.

Same here although I found the arms too short & the ties not long enough after a while.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm

zoeyboo wrote:
KimmyM wrote:I use the coverall bibs I got some great one's from John Lewis and they work fab for us. Waterproof lining on the chest 3/4 sleeves, applix at the back of the neck abd a tie around the waist to keep closed. They cover DD's thighs in her bumbo aswell. They tick all my box's.

Same here although I found the arms too short & the ties not long enough after a while.

Give my little chunk a couple of months and I may have the same problem with the ties ;)

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm

We have found the mothercare toddler ones best so far.Sleeves ok and worked fine for us.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: BLW bib design - prototype made but not yet tested! pic pg2

Postby flossyfly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Doesn't look that special in the pics lol.....will post action shots tomorrow :thumbsup:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Looks great :thumbsup: well done!
Looks very smart!

Having had small, slim children though - Ive commonly struggled with popper bibs because they just dont do up small enough, but thats just me & my teeny petite ones!

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 pm

docmaggoo wrote:Looks great :thumbsup: well done!
Looks very smart!

Having had small, slim children though - Ive commonly struggled with popper bibs because they just dont do up small enough, but thats just me & my teeny petite ones!

Thats why I added 2 poppers so I can have different size settings....my DD is small but chunky and solid lol

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!