hf1

My machine

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

My machine

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 am

WEll its still not fixed and I am sure you are all sick of me going on about it. I have so much stuff to make for the stall, so Dh took it to be fixed last week and we just can't afford it yet :(

I decided to sit and spend more time trying to fix it.

I have now got it to the point where the bottom stitch is perfect and the top stitch is laying flat, which means the tension is to tight/ However, whatever I change the tension to, it stays the same. Even though it's not fixed this is definitely the best its been. Can anyone, Emma @Ems or any other sewing machine ladies know of anything else I can do.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My machine

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Anyone?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 pm

i've no idea hun as last time i used my machine i nearlly threw it out the window :oops: have you checked for dust inside??? hope you sory it out soon or someone else can be more helpful :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:31 pm

girlinleeds wrote:i've no idea hun as last time i used my machine i nearlly threw it out the window :oops: have you checked for dust inside??? hope you sory it out soon or someone else can be more helpful :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know the feeling :giggle: Its been cleaned, oiled, new needle and checked threading. The lady in the shop also checked that everything was threaded correctly.

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 pm

is your thread sitting on the stick thing too loose, sometimes mind plays up if its loose so i stick some fabric on the stick and put the cotton reel on that...hope that makes sense lol

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear its still playing up Viki :(
I've got no ideas, but I'm very new to sewing.

What machine is it? Would a service on it help?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:10 pm

fay wrote:is your thread sitting on the stick thing too loose, sometimes mind plays up if its loose so i stick some fabric on the stick and put the cotton reel on that...hope that makes sense lol

Yes I think this was the initial problem, after hours and hours of trying to fix it I put a bit of sellotape around to make is slightly tighter and got to where I am now. If it goes any looser it goes back to how it was at first, wonky stitching, bunching up underneath. Now its stitching perfect with the bootom and lying flat on top iyswim

docmaggoo wrote:Sorry to hear its still playing up Viki :(
I've got no ideas, but I'm very new to sewing.

What machine is it? Would a service on it help?

It certainly would but in the shop they told me to buy a new one rather than do a service.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Just a thought when you wind your spool do you just let the machine do it? It might not be tensioning it correctly? Try winding the spool on the machine but you tension the Cotton yourself by running it through your fingers (hope that makes sense to you) or even winding it by hand. I always find that giveng the mechanism a good blast with canned air (the stuff you can by for cleaning keyboards) helps get all the hidden fluff out. Hope you sort it soon :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm

emmavmorgan wrote:Just a thought when you wind your spool do you just let the machine do it? It might not be tensioning it correctly? Try winding the spool on the machine but you tension the Cotton yourself by running it through your fingers (hope that makes sense to you) or even winding it by hand. I always find that giveng the mechanism a good blast with canned air (the stuff you can by for cleaning keyboards) helps get all the hidden fluff out. Hope you sort it soon :hug:

I think though because the thread is laying flat on the top, it's the upper tension rather than the lower tension (i think) which means I need to alter the tension dial. But that's where nothing changes.

There is definitely no fluff in it now, I reckon it's the cleanest machine anywhere :giggle:

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!