hf1

Prewashing fabric

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Prewashing fabric

Postby Frances » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 pm

I've ordered colour catchers but they're not here and I want to sew tomorrow as I have a clear day to crack on with my work wardrobe.

I have three different colours of cotton interlock - brown (already prewashed once), plum and teal. If I bung them in together at 40 degrees is it likely that they'll run into each other?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Prewashing fabric

Postby Rae » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Frances wrote:I've ordered colour catchers but they're not here and I want to sew tomorrow as I have a clear day to crack on with my work wardrobe.

I have three different colours of cotton interlock - brown (already prewashed once), plum and teal. If I bung them in together at 40 degrees is it likely that they'll run into each other?

Are they the Tissu interlocks? If they are then I wouldn't - there have been really bad problems with the brown since last August at least. I have had brown that has had to been returned to them after it was still running colour after 10 washes. If you have the vend interlocks, then I would say that you should be able to get away with it, their fabrics are a lot better.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Rae wrote:
Frances wrote:I've ordered colour catchers but they're not here and I want to sew tomorrow as I have a clear day to crack on with my work wardrobe.

Are they the Tissu interlocks? If they are then I wouldn't - there have been really bad problems with the brown since last August at least. I have had brown that has had to been returned to them after it was still running colour after 10 washes. If you have the vend interlocks, then I would say that you should be able to get away with it, their fabrics are a lot better.

Thanks Rae, funnily enough the brown is Tissu and I decided to put it in on its own - three washes later I gave up as it was still bleeding colour...I've emailed them but they haven't got back to me :-?

The others were from Vend, I risked them together and there was no colour bleed at all :D

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Frances wrote:Thanks Rae, funnily enough the brown is Tissu and I decided to put it in on its own - three washes later I gave up as it was still bleeding colour...I've emailed them but they haven't got back to me :-?

The others were from Vend, I risked them together and there was no colour bleed at all :D

complain to them about it. They really haveknown about this problem for some time and I know a lot of people who have complained and been refunded from them for their plain fabrics that bleed a lot of colour.

Return to DIY and share your projects!