Postby WeeNotions » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:35 am

Ooo that tagging thingy is clever :thumbsup: Thanks for letting me know :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Is minki absorbent?

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Well she had the nappies on for less than an hour and both wicked within that time. The fleece and minkee inners
were also wet when I took them off so I can't see how minkee can work as a pocket insert :? I will try them again but I don't think minkee inserts will work for us.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Have you washed them? I always used to find that my minkee inner & outer nappies leaked without a first wash.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Rox wrote:Have you washed them? I always used to find that my minkee inner & outer nappies leaked without a first wash.

The nappies aren't new so have been washed but the inserts only arrived today and I am not one to prewash anything. :oops: :lol: I will try them again once they've been washed and see if there's any difference at all.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I meant inserts. LOL at not pre-washing, i always pre-wash everything :oops: ... but i do remember from our nappy days that if i didnt pre-wash a minkee lined & outer nappy it would leak. No idea why, maybe something on the fabric, but after the first wash its fine and let the liquid through.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm

It's liekly to have some kind of residue on the fabric. I found wahm nappies never needed a pre-wash as they tended to have been washed a lot before being sewn to combat shinkage, and especially if they had been dyed...

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:55 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:It's liekly to have some kind of residue on the fabric. I found wahm nappies never needed a pre-wash as they tended to have been washed a lot before being sewn to combat shinkage, and especially if they had been dyed...

Minkee doesnt shrink tho, and doesnt get dyed after production so i should imagine they use it right off the roll.

I still dont believe it will work as an insert :giggle: but keen to make sure it gets the best go to be sure LOL

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 pm

That's what I mean. WAHM nappies don't usually need the pre-wash, but fabrics that aren't hand-dyed etc usually do need the pre-wash...

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!