hf1

Is minki absorbent?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Is minki absorbent?

Postby KimmyM » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:I think there must be two different fabrics being referred to as minkee/minky, a non-absorbant stay dry one simply couldn't work as in insert. This thread agrees http://www.babyandbump.com/natural-pare ... serts.html

Maybe it's more like their 'fluffle' inners of V1?

The pop in site has some info too.

http://www.pop-in.info/?page_id=40

thank you you have helped my little brain I feel the universe makes sense again :lol: or at least I dont feel like I cant get the last crossword clue.

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

That's the only thing I can think of too, how strange to call it the same name, not to mention how confusing it's going to be for people :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Ah so its just a glorified mf, def one to avoid then!! -

Minkee is a microfibre, which means it is made up of lots of tiny ultra fine fibres which are several times thinner than a human hair. But unlike standard microfibre Minkee is never sticky to the touch.

Made using micro polyester it is incredibly luxurious and so so soft and the great thing is it stays that way even after repeated washing.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 pm

That's abit naughty!!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Why naughty? And why avoid it? It does the job and dries quicker than anything else!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:Why naughty? And why avoid it? It does the job and dries quicker than anything else!

I avoid it because its just not absorbent enough for us and has always caused leaks when used as pocket inserts plus I prefer natural rather than man made fibres. I think Sophie was referring to them using the same name as obviously we're talking about two completely different fabrics here so they shouldn't have the same name really.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

I think it is the same as in the new fuzzi bunz inserts, close parent dream dri nappies, and lollipop big softees (the new ones)....don't have any myself, but I did test a big softee, and it was absorbant and soft. everyone is saying the new EF are great, though, even without the bamboo.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am

it is not glofied minky, just minky and yes it really does work! we have been testing them on my epic wee'r and they are all good. honest! microfibre doesn't do it for me, and i have been using these with a bamboo booster, and they truly are much better than the old ones.

see u can learn something new everyday.......

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:it is not glofied minky, just minky and yes it really does work! we have been testing them on my epic wee'r and they are all good. honest! microfibre doesn't do it for me, and i have been using these with a bamboo booster, and they truly are much better than the old ones.

see u can learn something new everyday.......

It can't be *just* minkee/minky as minkee isn't absorbent hun, this must be a new fabric with the same name. From what I read on the pop in website its a new type of mf fabric so isn't the same as the minkee currently used for liners and pocket nappy outers etc hence why I said glorifed mf :lol: Its all very confusing!! Its great that its working well for you though.

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!