hf1

Is minki absorbent?

My avatar
busymammy
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Is minki absorbent?

Postby busymammy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am

but this is a huge company who have been doing this for years. Im sure they know what they are doing regarding labeling etc!!!

Cant wait to try on in the baby show this weekend

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am

erm i can check the inner of the nappy if u like, swear it's just minky though. it's possibly a softer feel and longer pile than what i got in weenotions stuff, but i don't think it's much different apart from that.x

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 am

They really are minky. Have a look at the new fuzzi bunz inserts, minky as well.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 am

busymammy wrote:but this is a huge company who have been doing this for years. Im sure they know what they are doing regarding labeling etc!!!

Cant wait to try on in the baby show this weekend

Well they obviously don't as they have confused a lot of very expeienced cloth nappy users and a cloth nappy maker!!!

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:erm i can check the inner of the nappy if u like, swear it's just minky though. it's possibly a softer feel and longer pile than what i got in weenotions stuff, but i don't think it's much different apart from that.x

It would be interesting to see what's different about this fabric to make it absorbent.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

Must admit, I'm confused as to how minky can absorb fabric when we've been using it as a stay dry layer! :loopy:

My avatar
busymammy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby busymammy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Well they obviously don't as they have confused a lot of very expeienced cloth nappy users and a cloth nappy maker!!!

They have clearly stated that it is a minky inner, it's not their fault that some peolpe choose not to believe them!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm

busymammy wrote:They have clearly stated that it is a minky inner, it's not their fault that some peolpe choose not to believe them!!

Nobody is choosing " not to believe them." We are just totally confused as to how a fabric that has been used for ages to wick moisture away from babies skin to keep it dry is all if a sudden a fantastically absorbent fabric!! I think that's a valid reason for feeling a little sceptical about it all. I won't be using them anyway as we don't do commercially produced nappies, I am just very intrigued about it all! :lol:

dawnsmummy wrote:Must admit, I'm confused as to how minky can absorb fabric when we've been using it as a stay dry layer! :loopy:

Exactly this!! :loopy: :loopy: :hohoho:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Nope, not getting my head round it at all. :loopy:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Ladies, just to satisfy my curiousity, I emailed tots bots and asked them, seemed simplest!

"The minky inners are the same minky as other nappy outers. There is only one type of minky, just different manufacturers produce it."

Hope that helps the mystery.
:thumbsup:

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!