hf1

Operation go away jaundice more questions

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Operation go away jaundice more questions

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 am

So Lola has got a bit of jaundice, its high enough if I can't feed it out of her by 6am (its 230 now) then chances are we can't go home tomorrow.

She is very sleepy and if I wake her she will feed for a few sucks, stop, I wiggle her few more sucks repete . My nips are on fire!

So do I give her a bottle and hope it fixes it. Our keep trying, my milk isn't in yet.

I can easily pick up a pump tomorrow and pump while she has formula then swap back in.

NEW QUESTION I think my milk is coming in I can feel at least 1 breast getting hard. So what would be better.

1 breast then pump the other plus top up with formula

Or two breasts and top up. If I did this would I pump? And when would I pump?

I'm no good just making things up I need a plan!
Last edited by gilbertandmartha on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Operation go away jaundice

Postby sim » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 am

:hug:
I'd keep putting her to the breast to stimulate your milk coming in. Ewan had jaundice and my milk was very sloooow arriving, but continuing to latch him even briefly did help. Have you got some lanisoh or similar to keep your nip moisturised?

And CONGRATULATIONS! :yahoo:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 am

I would say if you can then keep latching her, ask the hospital to borrow a pump if you can. Try sit next to a window and get a bit of sunlight on her skin :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:45 am

I'll try lanisoh now see I'd that helps. Thanks

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 am

Yes, I agree about sunlight. Rory had it badly enough to require sun lamp treatment while in SCBU and was exactly as you described Lola when we came home - very sleepy, difficult to latch and feed, etc... The SCBU outreach nurses said about putting him in the window with his arms and legs exposed and it really helped.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:24 am

Funny you should say about sunlight but we're in the middle of a massive very unseasonal rain Strom with bad flooding everywhere.

I've just topped her off after feeding for 40 mins. If that's what I have to do to get her home so be it, I'll either pump or have her feed first then top off.

Ok time to sleep, wish us luck!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 am

Good luck - you can do it! :hug:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 am

Good luck! Definitely feed as much as u can.Nathan was the same and we stripped him off to just a nappy mid feed,blew on face, circled his arms around and tickled feet so he'd suck,fall asleep, wake up,suck etc.
Last edited by lazylexis on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 am

Penny was the same but after a couple of daysof continuous feeding and skin exposure we cracked it. Hope you get it sorted soon hun. Its a great excuse for lots of snuggles.

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning