hf1

Painful wind? Desperate.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Painful wind? Desperate.

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 am

Dd is 4 weeks. Last night he slept for 20 minutes.

I am zombie! (as is dh, we shared the pain)

I'm at a loss to know what to do to help him. He also slept for five mins at the end of the nursery run, but it didn't last.

I ate a bit of gingerbread yesterday - could that have got through in my milk?

For no real reason other than a need to do SOMETHING, I'm wondering if I should try dairy free?

I'm standing rocking him cos he needs to be vertical, but I need to rest somehow!

Any ideas? The only thing we've tried is infacol, I need to get to a chemist to see if there's any alternatives.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Painful wind? Desperate.

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 am

Lol, dd is actually ds!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:09 am

colief is really good, bit pricey to buy but you may be able to get it from docs. :hug: :hug: for the lack of sleep, ds is not even here yet and i'm knackered due to hip pain and pregnancy insomnia. hope you manage to get some rest soon x

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am

With Ed, I filled a bath really high and sat in there with him. The warm water really helped relax his tummy and it was great to feel that I was relaxing as we'll even though I was still looking after Ed. We quickly learnt that Ed preferred the water a lot warmer than the recommended temperature so that might be something to watch for.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

I would try cutting out dairy and soya to see if it makes any difference. You should notice a change fairly quickly if it is although it can take quite a while for any dairy to be completely out of your system. Is he showing any signs of reflux/silent reflux at all or is it just wind?

My avatar
Ajcwil
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ajcwil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 am

Have you tried massage. I used a massage technique from tiddlepom (you should be able to find it on you tube) and this really helped. I would massage at each nappy change or when dd was getting ratty. I added in a few knee to opposite elbow stretches and was amazed by the amount of gas she would pass.
Also really good winding after each feed in lots of different positions ie over shoulder then face down on lap and rub back then over other shoulder. The movement helps move the gas around.xx

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Thank you all!

Tried massage, didn't seem to help, but he was screaming wildly so hard to tell. I shall persist.

Louise wrote:I would try cutting out dairy and soya to see if it makes any difference. You should notice a change fairly quickly if it is although it can take quite a while for any dairy to be completely out of your system. Is he showing any signs of reflux/silent reflux at all or is it just wind?

I'm almost unconscious with tiredness so am having coffee with milk. Didn't do very well at dairy free :(

Last week I thought he may have silent reflux. He had 7 out of 10 symptoms, but then it seemed to get a bit better so I figured I was over thinking things. He was cluster feeding constantly when I thought it was better, so it may have masked his main 'symptom' which is gasping, as this is always better when I hold him upright.

Now I just don't know. His sharp sudden cries are like when dd had colic. The only thing that calms him is more boob time, which creates more wind!

Still not made it to the chemist, and we're out of bread too, so I HAVE to get my act together and get us all out the door.

:loopy:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:Thank you all!

Tried massage, didn't seem to help, but he was screaming wildly so hard to tell. I shall persist.

Louise wrote:I would try cutting out dairy and soya to see if it makes any difference. You should notice a change fairly quickly if it is although it can take quite a while for any dairy to be completely out of your system. Is he showing any signs of reflux/silent reflux at all or is it just wind?

I'm almost unconscious with tiredness so am having coffee with milk. Didn't do very well at dairy free :(

Last week I thought he may have silent reflux. He had 7 out of 10 symptoms, but then it seemed to get a bit better so I figured I was over thinking things. He was cluster feeding constantly when I thought it was better, so it may have masked his main 'symptom' which is gasping, as this is always better when I hold him upright.

Now I just don't know. His sharp sudden cries are like when dd had colic. The only thing that calms him is more boob time, which creates more wind!

Still not made it to the chemist, and we're out of bread too, so I HAVE to get my act together and get us all out the door.

:loopy:

:hug: Caffeine can upset babies as well. I have almond or oat milk in my hot drinks and cereal. Breadwise we eat multiseed or multigrain bread as 99% of white bread contains soya flour!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 pm

I asked in tescos and their own fresh baked plain white tins and bloomers have no soya flour apparently. Even most brown bread does.We either have bagels or the part baked stuff which is ok.

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning