hf1

Bruised nipples

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Bruised nipples

Postby laceybat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 am

i've been feeding Ross for 11 days now and where he has a tiny mouth and i have big nips he's made them burised.

he takes a good mouth full and then spits out half of it which is causing the burising, they only hurt for the first few sucks. what can i do to help them as they don't seem to be getting better at the moment and those first few suck are making me cry. other than this feeding is going well (even the cluser feeding from 1-6)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bruised nipples

Postby Shaunie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:34 am

:hug: I had the same hun. Your nips will toughen up too which helps, usually once the 1st 2-3 weeks are over IMO. Have you tried nipple cream? Emmet also used to latch and then pull back so less was in his mouth which made things worse :roll:

FC the bruised feeling will subside very soon x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 am

For the bruising I think you just need to grit your teeth, sorry. Nipple cream won't do anything for bruising :( I have had it with both my two but it really doesn't take long to stop in the grand scheme of things, lots of :hug: and just try to remember your doing a great job ;)

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 am

It should naturally ease off in time, that is what happened with me... I just kept telling myself the pain was only for a few seconds at the start of each feed (and not to give up!), good luck :D

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am

thank you so much i thought that was what would be said i just want to see if there was any thing that would help. :roll:
he's doing so well though

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning