Increased night waking!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Increased night waking!

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

:night: :night: :night:

Jake's gone back to two night feeds! I did think it was just 'one of those things', but he's been doing it for over a week now and seems to be getting earlier and earlier - 1am and 5am last night. Before this he was doing at least 7/8pm to anywhere between 3 and 5am. I was beginning to enjoy feeling almost human again, and now he's back to doing what he was doing when he was brand new!

What could be the reason for this?

Sarah

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Increased night waking!

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 am

Do you think he's maybe going through a growth spurt so needs more milk? Or has he been poorly? Noah was just starting to get down to 1 night feed, then waking at 6am when Darcy got up, but since he got his cold he has started to wake twice again, and after the first feed he has now also decided that sleeping on Mummy's chest is the best place to be :roll:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Maybe a growth spurt? Or a cold maybe? i also think that at times they just go through phases of wanting/needing you more at night. DD2 (15 months) has been waking up twice a night recently after being up only once for months. She doesn't want feeding, but she does need a cuddle/reassurance etc so maybe now he's getting a bit older and more aware, he just wants to reassure himself you're still there?

TBH though, you can drive yourself nutty tryng to work out why they are waking up. best thing is to just roll with it and hope it's a short phase! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Twice a night sounds normal for a small baby I think go with the flow on this one. It is harder to cope with when they aren't new born any more especially when they increase feeds but they don't even need a reason its their nutrition x

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Yea, it could be all of those things tbh - they've all had colds, and I think that his is on top of his three month growth spurt. I just thought I'd have a sanity check on here in case there was something I might be missing. Yea, I'm definitely just going with it (what else is there to do, lol) and keeping my fingers crossed it's not a permanent thing.

Anyhoo, anyone have a spare pair of matchsticks for my eyes? The current set have been worn away! :giggle:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

both of mine did it at 3-4 months - lots on the net about 4 month sleep regression. N waa doing 11-5 from 10 weeks until 16 weeks, then every 2 hours until almost 2! Jake has only ever slept longer than a 5 hour stretch twice in 8 months. Now he does 1-2 hourly til 12 then wakes about 4 and hourly after that. I think it's growth spurt plus sleep patterns changing a bit as they get more aware of their surroundings. Hopefully it won't last too long for u!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 am

Ouch Lexi - I really feel for you!

Well it was so funny - after I posted on here yesterday he went from 7pm (ish) to 3am! So now I'm thinking - if that's how it works I'm going to post somewhere "I just can't seem to win the lottery...". :giggle:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Evie still wakes at least twice a night. She wakes at 11 ish and then at some point in the night too (stopped looking at the clock as it just made me depressed). Evie is 10 months old now.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm

aimeet wrote:Evie still wakes at least twice a night. She wakes at 11 ish and then at some point in the night too (stopped looking at the clock as it just made me depressed). Evie is 10 months old now.

Exactly wss apart from often 3 times a night :roll:

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning