hf1

Blw milk and breakfast

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Blw milk and breakfast

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 pm

when should you swap it to food first at breakfast? Its the only meal Lola has milk first and shes totally not interested in food apart from a quick suck.

but at the same time she doesnt wake up gagging for milk. DH actually left her for over an hour the other morninf because she was perfectly happy and not crying.

do you think I should do food first?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Blw milk and breakfast

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I think I'd stick with milk first. We always do milk first (much easier for me as I get to stay in bed longer :oops: :giggle: ) but I don't think it really matters. Milk is the main source of nutrition before 1 anyway.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I'd do milk 1st until she's older too. She's still young so doesn't matter if she skips breakfast, especially because as Louise said and milk is their main source of calories until she's 1.

Emmet is never desperate for a feed in the morning, usually because he's having so much at night :roll:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm

We still have LOADs at night, so depends on what time 'morning time' begins really, I think milk is way and above still the staple and meals are like snacks really. Although saying that he eats like ive starved him all day, and cries when its finished (and i cant scrap anymore out of his seat!)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 pm

i'm happy with the whole milk thing, but Lola has nothing after 6pm (her choice not mine) and should be starving by the morning, but she's just not bothered. But then at 10 she's so fussy and its definitely food/milk related.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

I'd go with milk first still but I am of the opinion that babies go onto 3 Meals a day too quickly and shouldn't until nearer 9-10 months. At 6-7 months she should be getting most of her nutrition from milk still

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm

lazylexis wrote:I'd go with milk first still but I am of the opinion that babies go onto 3 Meals a day too quickly and shouldn't until nearer 9-10 months. At 6-7 months she should be getting most of her nutrition from milk still

@lazylexis that sounds sensible, my only problem is now she's having dinner at 5.30 or so then a full normal amount of milk afterwards before bed, she doesnt seem that interested in milk in the morning. Shes not really interested in food then either. This is just leading to the 10am melt down.

Do you think I would be ok to wait until she 'needs' the milk in the morning rather than feed her as soon as she wakes? I really would like to nagivate the 10 - 11 meltdown we are currently lliving through.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 am

I would say it's worth a try. Is the 10am meltdown because she's tired?

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning