hf1

Breast feeding related thrush

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Breast feeding related thrush

Postby confusinglady » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 am

Anyone else who's had this, how long did it take to get rid of it?

I ve just finished a two week course of tablets ( ds has been treated too), I also had a 10 day course before that. Every time at the end of the treatment ( like the last day) it seemed to be feeling better, then when I finished the tablets we ve gone straight back to the same.

Just been to docs and he's prescribed antibiotics in case it's bacterial mastitis.

Anyone had quite a few courses of antifungals before thrush has gone? I m a bit worried that taking the antibiotics will only make thrush worse if I really do have thrush :( so fed up now!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Breast feeding related thrush

Postby sim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am

It took us three goes to get rid of it.

What symptoms are you getting?

What did Bob have as treatment? The first stuff Lachlan had did sod all other than make him sick.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:10 am

Bob s had miconazole and I had tablets (can t rem what and can t move at mo ;) :bf:)

I ve had sore nipples, and by sore I mean kind of raw , sensitive to touch or even brush with your arm through clothes. Then I ve had shooting pains in both breasts. Bob also had awful stinking poos and was very very squirmy and has a rash on his bottom.

That all sounds more like thrush to me when I looked it up and his poo improves straight away and things gradually improve until we finish the treatment then straight back to the same :(

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Yup, sounds exactly like it was for us too.
:hug: :hug:

Are you using breast pads? I washed my pads and bras at 60 (although dr advised 40 was enough to kill the thrush i don't think it did) after it came back a third time and made sure any towels either of us used and my nighties were washed at 60 as well. I was also using a cream on my nipples and because of how often L was feeding at the time I applied it three times a day instead of two.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Ah good plan @sim I ll have to wash at a higher heat.
So frustrating that its Friday, I can t go back to question the doc :(
The shooting pains have been really hurty ( I know that s not a word!) this aft.

How long was your final dose of tablets Simone @Sim?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 pm

I actually didn't have tablets with the final flare up - it happened while we were away in Australia and I seriously overdosed the creams and the washing as soon as the sensitive nipple thing started up.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Ah interesting, perhaps I ll request that if I need to go back ( which I suspect I will be).
Thanks for info :thumbsup:

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning