hf1

Low chair and RIE question

My avatar
poghag
Clothie
Clothie

Low chair and RIE question

Postby poghag » Wed May 14, 2014 6:24 am

Hey Clothies! I'm a very infrequent visitor and hope you're all really well and that your kids are ace.

Little bit of background info so you don't feel you're talking to a complete stranger:- Maud is now just over 7 months and is little sister to an event horse. The BLW is going fantastically, breastfeeding happily (my golly she guzzles 3am-5am!!) and I am totally reconciled to the odd bottle on competition and training days.

TIPS PLEASE: we spend a huge amount of time outdoors and at times I find myself sitting her on a horse rug with non-messy snacks instead of proper messy food. Am thinking of getting a low baby/toddler chair with a tray so outdoor meals can be as messy as indoor ones. Anyone got something they particularly love for recommendation?

And just a thought; anyone here into RIE at all? They promote folding bed trays with kids sitting on floor; quite like the idea but does anyone here find it really works in practice?

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Low chair and RIE question

Postby Sunset » Wed May 14, 2014 7:15 am

I had a fold up booster seat that attached to dining chairs but you could use it on the floor as well. They don't make the one had anymore but there are similar ones out now. Sorry I don't know what RIE is.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 14, 2014 7:23 am

:wave: :wave: Hi poghag! I remember you - glad to hear Maud is doing well :thumbsup: I'm not sure what RIE is either - sorry :giggle:

My avatar
poghag
Clothie
Clothie

Postby poghag » Wed May 14, 2014 7:30 am

RIE is a Californian organisation called Resources for Infant Educarers... very respect-oriented, very mindful of allowing natural gross-motor development, and helpfully leading towards gentle discipline. I've been really enjoying reading up on their principles... Although they promote lots of letting babies have quiet time on their backs and for me a sling worked better for my daily musts. Interesting though.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 am

We use a Mothercare booster seat for our toddler and it's very sturdy, we've used it in the floor and it's great. It comes with a tray and all folds up into a bag. It's not flat pack by any means but it would fit in the bottom of a decent sized buggy.

My avatar
poghag
Clothie
Clothie

Postby poghag » Wed May 14, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks Bugglyboo, that sounds ideal. Will browse their website.

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning