Weaning plan

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Weaning plan

Postby littlesez » Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 am

Leon doesn't eat or sleep, I am thinking of weaning him because it can't get any worse I am away for 2 days and 3 bedtimes. I am hoping he will Forget? What do I do about my Boobs! Just let hem Leak? Lol

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Weaning plan

Postby clothmama » Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 am

How often is he feeding at the moment? If it is lots (which I think you have said it is :bf: ) I would not recommend just going cold turkey - he may well be fine with this (both mine I basically did it that way but we were down to only a couple of feeds a day) but you would be at risk of getting mastitis. If you could try cutting down the feeds between now and then (drop one every few days). When are you away? If you can't cut down between now and then then you may need to express to keep yourself comfortable. Just really important not to let yourself gets blocked ducts! What will he drink from?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:13 am

He wont forget! He will of course miss you/your milk but he may learn to cope without. Id also start cutting down. Refusing feeds is painful and sad but if you can substitute with special cuddles/story and a warm drink he will get through it as will you.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu May 15, 2014 9:47 pm

Yes good plan I will cut down this week. I'm having a major wobble. I feel leon may have some sensory stuff going on and so what if I take away his one thing he really loves :(

Stupid question but how long does it take for him to just accept the milk has gone argghhh I dunno now !

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:28 am

What do you mean by sensory stuff @littlesez?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri May 16, 2014 5:40 am

Hope the cutting down goes ok :hug:
He might surprise you and be ok with it.
Will be thinking of you. :hug:

What sensory stuff?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri May 16, 2014 7:27 am

I dunno, I just think he struggles with so much :( he is such a sensitive little thing. He really struggles with sleep, he can't settle, tossing and turning, scratches his head sits up,
it's down, get off the bad then cries to get up again. It's like he doesn't know what to do with himself. Food is same but he will eat chalk and Paper! He doesn't like sudden noises and gets incredibly frightened. Same with small shocks like a cold tap being switched on and he gets a splash. He gets hysterical if his pants or sleeves are too long. If his socks are not perfectly on his feet he gets upset.

I am hoping he will just settle down but if I wean him he might struggle more wish I knew what was best for him :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri May 16, 2014 7:49 am

I want to offer some advice but feeling very brain dead so will just send a massive :cnthug: for you and think about this and hopefully come up with something helpful for you :hug:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am

no advice but wanted to send you some :cnthug: :cnthug:

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning