Weaning plan

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Weaning plan

Postby littlesez » Sat May 17, 2014 8:40 pm

I have cut down already. He cried to sleep last night though as I decided he needs to get used to not having milk to sleep it was hard but then tonight he only had a little cry and then I was able to squish him a bit instead of feeding. Lol he likes having a good squish. :)

He ONLY fed overnight 3 times and then I didn't feed him in the morning but distracted him. He fed at 10.30am then 12.30 4.30 and 7pm will do same tomorrow, then Mon and Tues will try just 2 or 3 feeds.

Feeling sad already but got to try incase it will be better

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:31 pm

That sounds good! Love the extra squishes and hopefully they will satisfy his sensory needs to some extent

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun May 18, 2014 6:45 am

Sara @littlesez
Has he got belly ache at all? Trapped wind? I wonder whether he feeds so much as his tummy hurts. Isaac is similar in his settling writhing and scratching his head when he has wind and or is overtired.
Perhaps if he is not sleeping well still, he might be overtired a lot of the time making him more irritable and sensitive to noises etc.
Just the thought that popped into my head ;)

I hope it goes well with dropping feeds this week :thumbsup:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 am

Poor little man, maybe he might be very sensitive to things. At least he's enjoying a good squeeze instead of a feed.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun May 18, 2014 2:45 pm

My gut says nothing digestive he just seems upset and frightened. Maybe bad Dreams ? He has been referred to a paediatrician so hopefully they can Help?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun May 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Same again last night fed then a little cry then sleep at 7.30 ish slept til half ten which was fab, woke three times then up for half 7. Didn't feed him again til his nap and only twice more today no more til bed now.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I would try gradually decreasing the feeds. Do you definitely want to stop? If not you could express and store before you go then express while away. It's just you sounded a little unsure if you definitely do want to stop. However it's your choice to make for you and lo. Either way :hug: hope you find a solution.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 19, 2014 12:32 am

I'm glad you are getting somewhere with the nights :hug:

I thought the same as Sophie that you are a little ambiguous about stopping. Would you be happy carrying on if it wasn't the constant feeding that has been grinding you down? I think I was giving my boys a night and a morning feed and that was it at that age which is lovely but not too draining if that makes sense? Actually that isn't true Louis was still having a middle of the day as well if we were home but wasnt' bothered if out and about. :bf:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon May 19, 2014 2:10 pm

I am just going to see how he goes this week.if he is happier without me and my Boobs I won't try to get him feeding again, I expect he will eat proper food and then miraculously sleep ha ha

If it's awful and he won't settle, eat or sleep I might re think when I return.

Last night was Good! I put him to bed at 6.40 he fed then came off on his own had a cry but settled really quick. Then he woke at 8 so I lay next to him and he cried for a bit but calmed down and slept til I don't know what time. He fed twice o er night and again at 5 am and hasn't fed since, although he is with childminder. I won't feed him now til bedtime.

Honestly I don't want to stop because I feel mean and like taking his little safety net away. But I am hoping he will enjoy cuddles more soon and then I can comfort him that way. I don't want to feed anymore for selfish reasons like I want more sleep and I want to lose weight and I have had enough.

A compromise would be one or two feeds a day. I will have a think about that x

PreviousNext

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning