hf1

What am I doing wrong?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Postby clothsister » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 am

I'm off to a breast feeding group this morning however Penny has now had a few good feeds direct from source so to speak. But still not fully satisfied from me only and needs an EBM Top up. She is a little angel baby though. She went to sleep after a mamouth feeding session(about 3 hours) at about 10 she grizzled at 1 so I got out of bed and waited for her to wake up but she didn't wake until 5 so I woke up this morning freezing on top of the covers from waiting for her!!!!! I Feel great for the sleep but I know the MW will shout at me for letting her sleep that long. I didn't mean to at all. Supply is HUGE now and can pump 100ml ish at a time although having to use a manual pump for a couple of days. Until the amazing @sim who has very kindly offered to lend me her pump.

Thank you all for letting me wine about everything. :) xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:32 am

So glad things are getting better for you both. Hope the breastfeeding group goes well.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 pm

How did the breast feeding group go this morning? I hope they were helpful and reassuring and that the group as a whole was welcoming?
That's amazing Penny slept so long last night! My 5 month old finally slept for 4hrs 15mins before waking on tues night and I was beside myself with excitement (hasn't happened again since though :( ). I remember my MW telling me to wake her up if she didn't wake herself for a feed after 3.5/4hrs, but if I'm honest I don't think I would have though unless there were real health concerns about her or she was doing it all the time because I'd have done anything for that extra bit of shut eye every now and then!
Well done for the marathon 3hr feeding session too :yahoo:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Was a lovely group and sort of helpful. She said she couldn't really understand what was happening as there's an abundance of supply and technique was perfect. She commented that I knew all the tricks of the trade but she can see that penny just isn't strong enough to get enough from me. :( got the number for the tongue tie lady to get penny seen by her but haven't heard back yet. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:51 am

Sounds really positive Lucy, and must make you feel better to know that you are doing everything right :hug: She will soon get bigger and stronger :bf:

I'm not a fan of waking babies in the night unless there is a real need to, if they have fed well in the day, and particularly babies who cluster feed in the evening they are often quite happy to have a longer stretch of 5 or 6 hours and if that is from 11 to 5 and keeps everyone sane then I think it is a win win!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:09 am

It does make it better in one sense in another it makes it more frustrating. If she doesn't start putting on soon we'll be re admitted so she needs to get to grips with it soon. Once Neil is back at work and it's just me Chloe and Penny I'm not going to have as much time to be pumping 8 times a day. Although @sim is lending me a double pumper so hopefully won't take as long x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:11 am

If you are at that stage then wake her :hug: That is so lovely of Simone thank you @sim :hug: hopefully that will make a huge difference xx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:22 am

Bless her she's saved the day as I accidentally washed the electric part of the pump! Epic fail!

Previous

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning