hf1

Would like my fertility back.?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Would like my fertility back.?

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 am

ems101 wrote:Upsi!!! Sounds like 'oopsi'!

That's what most people think when they hear it!!
:giggle:
I've had a few nurses think I've made it up!!

@ems101

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:57 am

Charting temps and "goo" (as you so charmingly put it!) is well worth doing so you can see what's going on. I did it both times I was TTC, and it worked very well. In fact with DS I had what I thought was a period but the temping data said I was pregnant, and I didn't believe it. Turned out it was right and I had just had a "prolonged implantation bleed" (caused a lot of trauma in the end as I was taking fertility drugs and continued to do so while also pregnant - cue massive worries, I should have believed my temperature chart!!).

IMO if your cycles are not regular (as they won't be while you are still BFing, I would have thought) then it is the way to go if you want to get pregnant quickly as you can really time your bedroom activities when you know you are ovulating. I got pregnant second try with both my kids this way, despite having PCOS.

My avatar
jennyfoster
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jennyfoster » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:35 am

Just wanted to add that, according to my gyno, the reason nightweaning CAN be more effective than cuts during the day is because the level of the related hormones drops at night. Don't ask me if it was estrogen or what (more knowledgeable people, with better memories, are on this board), but it was a night-specific thing.

That said, I nightweaned at 18 months and only got AF back at 22 months. I had also previously tried a 24 hour nursing pause. Whatcha gonna do? I am 39 now, and currently hoping for a 3 year gap (making me 41 for baby #2).

Previous

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning