hf1

Breast feeding pain :(

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Breast feeding pain :(

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:50 pm

I forgot to take my pump to work yesterday. By about 11 I was engorged and uncomfortable. By the time I got home at 6 I was in agony. Inverted nipples, shards of glass in my rock boobs agony
I had to pump before I could feed p as he didn't have a hope. I pumped over 400ml off of each side and wasn't even approaching done, but fed Percy and pumped a couple more times in the evening as my boobs were so uncomfortable.
I'm feeding more right now (weather and Percy being largely off of solids) and also expressing As normal, but my boobs feel really uncomfortable since. I can't bear to feel even remotely full.
There is no heat or lumps, so thinking mastitis unlikely (correct me if I'm wrong). Can I have damaged or bruised the inside of my breast by not pumping or feeding? I was in work for about 9-10 hours

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Breast feeding pain :(

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I have no words of wisdom but just wanted to give you :cnthug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:35 am

I'm not 100% sure but would say it unlikely that you have caused real damage, probably just everything stretched and sore where you have been so full. If that happens again I'd honestly try to hand express some off as that is a long time to go in the day when he would normally be feeding!

Gentle :cnthug:

Hows work going?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:46 am

I think I've been very tender before if I've become engorged even after feeding. Are you worked ng today? I'd really up the feeds if possible make sure your supply keeps up especially in this weather.

Warm flannels in the shower if you can bear it! Xx

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:05 am

Any better today?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 am

I did this once and it took a couple of days to settle. Gentle hugs xx

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks everyone :D :cnthug:
It's getting better.
I tried had expressing @clothmama, but I just can't do it. Also, I was crazy busy...
I'm only working a day and a half a week, so all done until Monday now.
Percy holds out for home time taking the absolute minimum from a bottle, so I don't think adding in any more shifts is an option right now...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:22 am

cuppachaplz wrote:Percy holds out for home time taking the absolute minimum from a bottle, so I don't think adding in any more shifts is an option right now...

Awww bless him :love:

I'm glad you are feeling better and hopefully you'll not forget your pump again!

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning