hf1

Breastfeeding Myths!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Breastfeeding Myths!

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm

I found bfing much less time consuming tbh and it left a hand free so I could read books with the others and even bath them while feeding Ruairidh. I loved being able to go out and stay somewhere for longer without having to worry about whether I had enough bottles etc out with me too.

I was advised to give formula on more than one occasion by a "health professional". One for low weight gain and one cos he had diarrhoea from salmonella poisoning. My dd was FF from 1 week old and also was a big baby with low weight gain so it wasn;t a magic cure for weight gain. He just suffered the same catch down growth she did. Formula for diarrhoea made me :mad: Thankfully I knew better and stuck with :bf:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:28 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:I found bfing much less time consuming tbh and it left a hand free so I could read books with the others and even bath them while feeding Ruairidh. I loved being able to go out and stay somewhere for longer without having to worry about whether I had enough bottles etc out with me too.

This. If Mia needs feeding and I need to go out/do some housework/do something with/for one of the other children I just pop her in the sling to :bf: so I have 2 hands free. :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Louise wrote:
JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:I found bfing much less time consuming tbh and it left a hand free so I could read books with the others and even bath them while feeding Ruairidh. I loved being able to go out and stay somewhere for longer without having to worry about whether I had enough bottles etc out with me too.

This. If Mia needs feeding and I need to go out/do some housework/do something with/for one of the other children I just pop her in the sling to :bf: so I have 2 hands free. :D

I wish I could master breastfeeding in the sling!!

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm

megansmummy wrote:
Louise wrote:

Me too!

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I tried and failed at feeding in a sling. I think my boobs are too small (b's :giggle:)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Another one who hasnt mastered feeding in the sling :(

I heard a good one on Saturday :giggle: 'just because my daughter is a nurse, she thinks she knows better than I do - Ive reared 5 children and know its not normal to breastfeed - the wains are half starved...'

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:08 pm

eviesmummy wrote:I heard a good one on Saturday :giggle: 'just because my daughter is a nurse, she thinks she knows better than I do - Ive reared 5 children and know its not normal to breastfeed - the wains are half starved...'

I dont know wether to :hohoho: or :shock: at that one...

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 pm

megansmummy wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:I heard a good one on Saturday :giggle: 'just because my daughter is a nurse, she thinks she knows better than I do - Ive reared 5 children and know its not normal to breastfeed - the wains are half starved...'

I dont know wether to :hohoho: or :shock: at that one...

I did both :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 pm

megansmummy wrote:
Louise wrote:

rachymoo wrote:Me too!

The key is getting them latched on and them wrapping the sling around them I think. Like in this video -

Can't see this video on your phone? Tap here to watch TLduLJFSJn4 in your Youtube player

PreviousNext

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning