hf1

Does any one use up-paper towels?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Does any one use up-paper towels?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:23 pm

We hardly use paper towels as it is, but mostly for defrosting or warming food in the micro like frozen bread or stuff like that. Or mopping up greasy foods. does anyone use unpaper towels for these types of things and are they ok?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Does any one use up-paper towels?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Do you mean Kitchen roll? I don't use kitchen roll for anything, just cloths or tea towels if that helps?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Do you mean Kitchen roll? I don't use kitchen roll for anything, just cloths or tea towels if that helps?

yup thats what I mean, we hardly use the paper kitchen roll, and i want to get rid of it completely, but I didnt know if the cloth towels would be ok for wrapping food in the micro, or for greasy stuff

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm

I rarely use kitchen roll and prefer using cotton tea-towels for greasy food as it doesn' fall apart or stick to the chips :giggle: Never had to use anything in the microwave though, as I would put anything needing defrosted on a dinner plate so the liquid stays on that and doesn't spill.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:52 pm

For greasy spills I have cotton dishcloths I made myself and anything that doesn't wipe up I tend to find a bit of fairy will remove and greasy foods are fine sat on a tea towel just as long as they aren't the fluffy sort :lol: ;) I either cover with cling film in the microwave or use those plastic trays with lids loosened at one corner, OH likes to use another plate to cover things or nothing :roll: but he has microwaved his pants before now (don't ask :lol: ) so I imagine a tea twol would be ok for a short blast but I probably would t do it myself (though to my mind it's no different than the kitchen roll iykwim).

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 am

I hate kitchen roll.
We have a huge stash of cotton flannels from ikea - they do everything I need them to in the kitchen.
I just chuck them all in the nappy wash too

Return to Natural Living and the Environment