Advice please - Hair dye

My avatar
RUBY_1985
Clothie
Clothie

Advice please - Hair dye

Postby RUBY_1985 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 am

Hi everyone :wave:

I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus and im feeling pretty rubbish about myself. I decided id dye my hair to help cheer me up. I have done a skin test with 3 different brands and each one has caused my skin to burn and blister.

Im just wondering if anyone can recommend a more natural product or one with reduced chemicals etc. Id be grateful to hear of any products people have tried and how they worked?

I have read up about Henna dye but it looks too faffy for me to do and I cant lift my arms above my head for long so would mean someone else doing it for me so needs to be something simple to use. I dont like going to hairdressers as feel self conscious of how I am.

Thanks

Ruby xxx

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Advice please - Hair dye

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Is this of any help?
http://wellnessmama.com/5112/herbal-hair-color-recipes/
Henna is a good option but it is really thick and gloopy to put on so probably would be easier for someone else to do, it is really easy to do though.

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:04 pm

LUSH do a slightly more user friendly henna, I make it up and put it in an old hair dye squeeze bottle which makes it much easier! But be ware it has loads of coca butter which is great for your hair but if your skin is sensitive could cause a reaction!

My avatar
Pixxie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pixxie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 am

I also suggest the lush henna bars x

My avatar
MollyMoppet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby MollyMoppet » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am

I've tried Logona hair dyes in the past, they're 100% plant based if I remember right.

They won't lighten hair obviously but at least you've a choice of colours rather than just henna. There's a powder but also a creme form which is more expensive but easier as you just slap it on.

They're not permanent though is the only thing...

Return to Natural Living and the Environment