hf1

Cargo Bikes Pics Added!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Cargo Bikes Pics Added!

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 am

Anyone got one? I am going to look at one later and I am pretty excited! I don't drive, so I would love an alternative to using public transport for short journeys. I would love to here about anyone's experiences with cargo bikes! :widesmile:
Last edited by Mumof5 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cargo bikes

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 am

I'd love one, one of the parents in Rhys'school has one with seats in the cargo area for the kids, it's AMAZING, I'm so jealous lol. I'm currently contemplating (again) a trailer for my own bike.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:24 am

I'm not sure what one is :oops: I had a trailer when Louis was 2 and Josh was 7 and I used it heaps to do the school run, go to the park etc, it fit up to 40 kg so on the flat roads in Queensland I managed the 2 of them with ease!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:17 am

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 pm

I don't have one but I looked at a test for you.
The dutch word is: bakfiets.
There a 2 types with 2 or 3 wheels.
2 wheels is more narrow and easier to maneuver in narrow streets with parked cars, but when fulley loaded and at a low speed it can be hard to keep your balance.
3 wheels, no balance problems here, but they are wider and at high speed in curves theres a change of tipping.
It depends on what your planning to do with it.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:07 am

Meet Betsy! :widesmile:
This is a pic of my ds1 riding, with dd1 & dd2 as passengers, they are 18, 16 & 14, so you can see the cargo bucket can hold a lot!!! (I know they should be wearing helmets, but as teenagers that is up to them!)
I am gradually building up my fitness so we can go on longer rides, eventually the plan is to be able to go to the local town to do shopping.
Oh and the electric assist is so much fun!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Cargo Bikes Pics Added!

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:31 am

That is so cool! That photo is amazing - it looks like an ad :love: your kids are gorgeous!

Mumof5 wrote:(I know they should be wearing helmets, but as teenagers that is up to them!)

LOL not here, when my nephew was over from the UK he got pulled for not wearing one and had an argument with the cop as he thought he was teasing him about it being illegal to not wear one :giggle: :giggle:

Mumof5 wrote:I am gradually building up my fitness so we can go on longer rides, eventually the plan is to be able to go to the local town to do shopping.

How far is the town? :nosey:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44 pm

It's only about 3 miles, but I live in Devon and it's very hilly! (And I'm very unfit!!!)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 pm

That looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment