hf1

Any veggie and/or vegan mummies out there?

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Any veggie and/or vegan mummies out there?

Postby leal123 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi :idea:
Another Veggie (20ish years now :shock: ) who doesn't eat fish.
My dh is a complete carnivore though so the children do eat meat. I'm hoping that at least one of them will be veggie when they're older, but it will be their choice.

Aimeet I bet you're diet is a lot healthier than some :pregnant: meat eaters who don't look after theirselves :roll:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Amanda wrote:Hi Aimee, nice to meet you. I've been vegetarian for about 18 years. Dh and the boys aren't though, so I cook meals where I can easily make a veggie option. Lunch for me and the boys is always vegetarian, as is a couple of dinners for everyone each week.

Annette wrote:My dh isn't though so the kids eat mean with him.

Annette :giggle: at your typo x

:giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 pm

littlesez wrote:I eat fish, I would still say Im a vegetarian though.

I think everyone draws their line somewhere and as long as people are comfortable with their choices then everyone has the right to eat what they like - I choose to still eat dairy and eggs even though I realise that farming methods are still quite cruel in these areas. So I am vegetarian but am not vegan.

But I have to say I am of the opinion that if someone eats fish then they just don't eat meat, they are not a vegetarian. That is like saying something like I am a vegan but I eat eggs :wink:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:51 pm

If you eat fish you are not a vegetarian you are a pescetarian.

I have been a vegetarian for 23 years, DH has been a veggie for as long as he has known me (20 years) and our six children are all vegetarian too.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 pm

nappynutter wrote:If you eat fish you are not a vegetarian you are a pescetarian.

I have been a vegetarian for 23 years, DH has been a veggie for as long as he has known me (20 years) and our six children are all vegetarian too.

Iquite agree, I went to school with a girl who always said 'I am a vegetarian but I eat chicken', I was always like-WTF- that isn't veggie!
I have another friend who cals herself an uglitarian- she only eats animals that aren't cute :giggle:
I am glad that there are others that are bringing up LOs veggie, I have had a lot of criticism from family about wanting lo to be vegan but feel happy that we eat healthily enough for this not to be an issue.
Keep up the good veggieism -is that even a word? :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am

I have been a veggie all my life apart from a 2 year rebellious phase in my teens, lol. Freya is veggie although I will let her choose when she understands. My DH eats meat and would prefer it if Freya did, he comes from a very meaty family! Having said that, he eats mainly veggie meals at home now, and only eats stuff like steak when out. I just tell him why would I feed something to Freya that I think is morally wrong and full of nasties and he can't really protest much about that!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Glad to know that there are other veggie mums out there! I have had a couple of slips with regards to my veganism, no meat thank goodness but did manage 4, yes count that again! 4 jam donuts at work the other day, I just could not stop myself! I also had some chocolate that I didn't know had buttermilk in- oooppps I really should have checked that moere carefully!

My avatar
holaola79
Clothie
Clothie

Postby holaola79 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 pm

hi,
I am a strict vegetarian,for 20 years now (I stopped eating meat when I was 11); I buy only organic milk, free range eggs and non-animal rennet cheeses:)

And I don`t think people who eat fish have the right to call themselves veggies. After all, fish are animals, and vegetarianism is about not killing/eating all animals.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 am

can everyone stop telling me i have no right to call myself vegetarian if i want to i will. Its upto me thankyou.

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Living and the Environment