hf1

Any veggie and/or vegan mummies out there?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Any veggie and/or vegan mummies out there?

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:59 am

We are a bit of a mixed family - I'm veggie, DH eats fish (and yes, he calls himself veggie too - I don't really care what label he applies to himself, it's whatever makes it easier for him), and DS is carnivore. Have been really rubbish at giving him meat though, but since christmas have been really making the effort for him, and it turns out he virtually inhales anything meat that's within about a foot of him. No doubt he's carnivore.

I too get a little grief from people who think I shouldn't be veggie while :pregnant: , but this is few and far between (probably because I don't know too many people in UK that know me well enough to comment, would be getting more grief from people in Aus I think).

Doesn't bother me though, I know DS is fine, and I expect number 2 will be fine too.

My avatar
holaola79
Clothie
Clothie

Postby holaola79 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 am

littlesez wrote:can everyone stop telling me i have no right to call myself vegetarian if i want to i will. Its upto me thankyou.

wow-sorry for upsetting you, didn`t mean to. of course you can do whatever you want-just like we have the same right, to express our opinions on certain topics.

for me this issue is very important, animals, nature, environment as a whole, that`s it...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

holaola79 wrote:
littlesez wrote:can everyone stop telling me i have no right to call myself vegetarian if i want to i will. Its upto me thankyou.

wow-sorry for upsetting you, didn`t mean to. of course you can do whatever you want-just like we have the same right, to express our opinions on certain topics.

for me this issue is very important, animals, nature, environment as a whole, that`s it...

:giggle: i sound like a right bitch! sorry :oops: not upset just dont like being told what i can/can't call myself. And people seemed to not like me saying i eat fish. I dont have meat or milk products because i find it weird and icky but if others want to its nothing to do with me. I dont like to preach, each to their own. :wink:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 pm

littlesez wrote:
holaola79 wrote:

:giggle: i sound like a right bitch! sorry :oops: not upset just dont like being told what i can/can't call myself. And people seemed to not like me saying i eat fish. I dont have meat or milk products because i find it weird and icky but if others want to its nothing to do with me. I dont like to preach, each to their own. :wink:

Sorry littlesez, didn't mean to offend. I am just quite strict so I guess that's why I get annoyed about it. Will try to be more held back in the future. :idea:

Previous

Return to Natural Living and the Environment