hf1

Wipes for other uses! Possibly TMI topic LOL!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wipes for other uses! Possibly TMI topic LOL!

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:51 am

Does anyone use wipes for other things than wiping their baby's bum?
I'm considering getting a load of thin ones to use as hankies as we get through so much loo paper when we have a cold (got through a whole roll in a day this week) and.........dare I say it...........wipe for us in the bathroom iykwim :oops: I think I'm going to give this a go if I can find someone to make me up some that are soft enough cheaply enough. I'll get them dyed so they are a completely different colour to everything else. Dh *might* go for it, he's not dismissed it completely, but I'm going to start, after all I probably use the most tp in the house. I'm not going to start the boys on it though - don't really want cloth down the drains :?

We already use face wipes, nappy changing wipes, cloth wipes for cleaning so switching these two should just about do us I think.
Anyone use cloth wipes for anything else??

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am

I don't and I don't think I'd be comfortable using wipes for me / us for no 2's :oops: :oops: BUT I wouldn't be adverse to the idea of using them for me for wee's (as you say it's me who uses the most tp) and at 'that time of the month' it might actually be really good to have some cloth wipes, I'm sure you would feel fresher and cleaner after!

Why don't you just get some big cheap packs of hankies for noses? They are soft and cheap!

Let us know what you decide to do!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 am

I agree that when AF comes to visit cloth wipes would be a nice touch - but for noses I'd just buy cotton hankies...

Also not sure I'd feel happy using them for no2s either but then again I used to think the mooncup was a horrible idea! :lol:

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 am

I'm a cotton hanky girl. I buy the big man sized ones. They're at their best once they're about 5 years old, they get all soft and thin and are much nicer than tissues on a nose that is constantly being blown!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 am

We have hankies round here. Not sure about the toilet though :? I was always taught to be very sparing with toilet paper use by my mum who thought it was a waste to use more than 2 squares!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 am

I like the 'idea' of using cloth wipes instead of loo roll, but don't think I would actually do it (neither would dh!) I am also guilty of using kitchen paper towel to clean my cooker :oops:

I suppose at the end of the day it's only the same as using them on baby's poops etc!

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Charliemum wrote:We have hankies round here. Not sure about the toilet though :? I was always taught to be very sparing with toilet paper use by my mum who thought it was a waste to use more than 2 squares!

what is it with mum's she tried to teach us 1 sheet for wee 2 sheets max for poo :roll:

i personally wouldn't consider cloth toilet paper, but then also thought it was weird in cyprus you have to put the paper in a bin next to the loo, don't flush it :shock:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:32 pm

I think I'll check out poundland or the like for hankies, they're sure to have something.
I'm thinking wee's and AF too. Not sure I can erm, "handle" adult poo tbh, although yes, I guess it is the sameas babies poo, probably not as bad judging by Ocean. Our nappy bucket is outisde the back door though, not sure I want one in the loo (our door is next to the washing machine and opposite the downstairs loo - very handy!!) and not sure I could manage if dh uses them :?

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:38 pm

eewww no I could NOT handle dealing with them if dh used them after poop!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

if I lived alone then I might (might!!!) think about it!

for now though will stick with the roll!

What about cheap face cloths? would tey do? you can often gat packs of 6 or so for around 99p in textiles direct and other such 'discount' textiles shops!

jan x

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment