hf1

Wipes for other uses! Possibly TMI topic LOL!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:25 pm

No such store here! Wonder if they'd go a little crunchy with washing though - don't really fancy that :shock: I'm onto someone with velour - going for the posh stuff for my nethers :lol: :oops: Will buy cheap hankies for noses though :lol:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:05 am

I totally would if I was on my own but 4 kids and dh just won't.

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby raffertygrey » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:43 pm

It's funny you should mention it, I was only wondering the other day if anyone used cloth wipes for adult use too..

Hmmm, not sure I'd want to be dealing with DH's poo either but for mama wee's it could be ok, especially when AF is here (although I can barely remember what that's like, she's been away for 2 years apart from post-partum bleed :shock: ).

For sniffly noses, why not just get some "proper" hankies if you're not comfortable using so much tissue! You could even get everyone's initials embroidered onto them LOL :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 am

We have some hankies, but I find them a little rougher than I'd like and noses still get a bit sore after constant blowing for a couple of days. I'm working on some flannel ones as I guess they'll be much softer!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:05 am

I'm afraid if I have a heavy streaming nose I do use kleenex balsam - only ones that don't make my nose sore :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:03 pm

After digging my hankies out for my cold this week after this thread I found my cotton ones not as soft as i would have liked. I remembered a friend who's mum used to just cut up old very very soft flannelette sheets that had had it and they were great, so so soft!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm

yep, I've thought about doing that as I have some flanelette sheets we don't use, but I can't sew and guess they'd fray if they weren't hemmed/serged!

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:04 pm

We have some lovely jersey burp cloths that are now used for Georgia constant snotty nose :roll:

We have a basket of flannels up and downstairs for faces and of course cloth wiped for Georgias' bum :D

Don't like the idea of us all using cloth wipes at the toilet :!:

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:06 am

I just zigzagged the edges of my flanellette flat nappies made from unwanted cot and pram sheets... we had a load given for dd1 and 2, they didn't get much use, and when it came to dd3 I was cosleeping and slinging out of principle so I cut them up while I was in labour and sewed them up a week or so later when we were at the ILs for tea, lol

They made fab newborn ec-friendly cloths and make handy hankies and travel hand-wipes or whatever. I should get some more actually.

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Living and the Environment