... Bath Products for babies

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

... Bath Products for babies

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 am

.... :idea:

ok we currently use johnsons.... reading more from what I've seen you girls saying I want to change the baby stuff we use...
and after recommendations!

Dex has eczema any how - but had night terrors after we started using the lush dream cream so we've stopped again.

but suggestions for bath stuff and lotions.... would be greatly received :wine:

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: ... Bath Products for babies

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Greenabubs sell green baby range and we love it here - Plus Greenabubs is fab with SUPER fast delivery :)

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Weleda has a baby line and that one is very very nice.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:16 pm

emmajayne33 wrote:Greenabubs sell green baby range and we love it here - Plus Greenabubs is fab with SUPER fast delivery :)

Thankyou Jayne :D Yes have a look at my site I can also get in baby lotion, petroluem free jelly, cradle cap oil, calendula balm, and baby oil

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:Dex has eczema any how - but had night terrors after we started using the lush dream cream so we've stopped again.

Wow that's strange I've never heard of that before poor kiddo! Wonder if he's allergic to one of the ingredients?

For mild to severe eczema you can't beat unrefined shea butter...
For really dreadful eczema neem oil/butter is amazing but it STINKS honestly :puke: so I only use when desperate...

For baths - you can grate cocoa butter into the bath (gives you a rather slippery baby though :giggle:) but we REALLY really like the akamuti bedtime baby bath milk - fantastic stuff...

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:17 pm

i sell this and also use it on my son now after excema issues. he still has aveeno for his face (prescribed by docs) but i found the miamoo lovely on the lil man.
The cheeky cream is fantastic :mrgreen:
http://www.miamoo.co.uk/

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Mine don't like 'itchy' products - we a variety - Jason, Halos n Horns, the one with the childish writing, LGE one ... we have an amazing local green shop here who stokc LOADS so is totally fab for getting stuff. I also tend to stock up at the baby shows as is always silly low prices!

I don't use itchy products either - I like jason stuff.

Vx

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am

I've always used Burts Bees baby products on Jaden, it is expensive but luckily for me my dad brings it over from America where it's much cheaper. It smells gorgeous! I use Halos and Horns toothpaste at the moment but am looking for an alternative as I am finding halo and horns stuff quite staining, not sure why. Shampoo wise I've used a burts bees baby shampoo bar which is great as it lasts ages and ''it's a curl'' conditioner, which is an organic conditioner for afro hair.

Hope you find some products you like!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 pm

am sounding very obsessed as posting about it again but the old olive oil in the bath does the trick for us although the bath does tend to get a little bit of residue :-?

here's something nasty i found about the ingredients in johnsons: http://www.productalert.ca/news/johnson ... ducts-bad/

one of the midwives told me that she was sent some info about johnsons stuff containing something they used in the vietnam war called agent orange http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange
its almost becoming to be expected of these big brands :|
Last edited by smilinglou on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment