hf1

abel and cole

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

abel and cole

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:44 pm

anyone use this organic delivery service?
were they good with delivery, and how was the food?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: abel and cole

Postby Annette » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Yes we use Abel and Cole. Delivery has always been brilliant, it arrives before I get up so it is always unpacked and put away before I go to work so it doesn't have to sit on the doorstep all day.

I don't get a box, I order what I need each week - it is dead easy, I have some basics that I get every week and then add different things depending on what I need or am planning to cook, on the internet.

I love having it delivered and the quality is very good. I have had one potato that wasn't up to scratch but I told them and they didn't charge me for the potatoes that week.

I used a different company before and got really fed up with the quality so this has been a refreshing change :D

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:55 pm

I started using them 2 weeks ago and so far they are great :wine: We have a med veg box every week and a chicken once a month. May get more meat from them in the future, but we do have a good butcher so use him (our butcher does not do free range chickens though :nono: ).

The veg has been very fresh, and our driver delivers at 7am and leave our box on the back doorstep. You give the box back each week and they re use. Our chicken was delivered in a polystyrene box with ice bags.

We got free elderflower last week.

Every 4th veg box you get free which is an added bonus.

Think thats everything, our fridge has never looked so good and we have tried 3 different veggies in 2 weeks. :wine:

So far I would definetly recomend them.

Crossed posts with Annette - may start mixing and matching had not thought of that :D

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Annette wrote:Yes we use Abel and Cole. Delivery has always been brilliant, it arrives before I get up so it is always unpacked and put away before I go to work so it doesn't have to sit on the doorstep all day.

I don't get a box, I order what I need each week - it is dead easy, I have some basics that I get every week and then add different things depending on what I need or am planning to cook, on the internet.

I love having it delivered and the quality is very good. I have had one potato that wasn't up to scratch but I told them and they didn't charge me for the potatoes that week.

I used a different company before and got really fed up with the quality so this has been a refreshing change :D

they sound great and just what were looking for i think!
we should of switched to delivery along time ago tbh! we live ages away to the nearest supermarket! and most of our neibours get there shopping delivered!
cant believe there delivery charge is only 99p! so cheap! i think im going to make my first order tonight!
do you order meat/fish /household items too?

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:00 pm

We used to use them a few years ago, but a few muck ups in a row lead us to stopping using them.

We got a fruit and veg box that had about 7 veg and 3 fruit, and got it weekly for a couple of years. We had a couple of instances of food being off, and a couple of instances where we had put that we didn't want one of the fruits of that week, so they replaced with apples. the 2nd fruit was apples. the 3rd fruit was unavailable, so they substituted apples. so nothing but an immense number of apples for the week. And this happened a few times, sometimes with apples, sometimes with potatoes or carrots [interesting it's the cheap stuff that we seemed to always get excessive amounts of]. They did to a few goodwill gestures to fix things, but it got to the point where we had to complain every week for a couple of months and enough was enough.

They also changed our delivery day from midweek to friday, and quite often we went away for the weekend, leaving fridays straight from work so it made it impossible to get boxes delivered.

This is going back to i think late 2006, so they may well have rectified their problems now.

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:55 pm

we use them and quality is usually very good and customer service great. i get fish , meat , veg and a few other bits each week and they do try to keep packaging to a minimum - they even use wool to keep the chilled things cold now!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 am

Annette wrote:I don't get a box, I order what I need each week - it is dead easy, I have some basics that I get every week and then add different things depending on what I need or am planning to cook, on the internet.

Do you still get your 4th week free?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 am

Woozle35 wrote:
Annette wrote:I don't get a box, I order what I need each week - it is dead easy, I have some basics that I get every week and then add different things depending on what I need or am planning to cook, on the internet.

Do you still get your 4th week free?

I don't think it is every 4 weeks - I think it is a one off promotion where you get your 4th box free.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 am

clairelou88 wrote:do you order meat/fish /household items too?

I am a veggie but I do order eggs and cheese. Haven't ordered any of the household goods as I do a bulk shop every month at Costco which works out alot cheaper, I just use the weekly delivery for fresh stuff :D

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment