Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Cheers

My avatar
shirlsmato3
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Home-Made products

Postby shirlsmato3 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:17 am

:D i am going to try that as i have a 7 year old with quite bad dry skin he gets steriourd creams sometimes cause it gets so bad just now his legs are quite bad.so will try it tommorow morning.i hope it works. :lol:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Chamomile teabags go in my bath ;) sometimes fruit bags, and always oil !!! my favourite oil is Starfloweroil. I buy the edible capsules ..and put one whole into the bath while its filling up, and by the time its *full* to the top the capsule has dissloved and its lovely!! Then the Bio oild comes out after my bath.. orrrrr.. the body shop Monoi Miricle oil is lovely! Erm Burt Bees do a nice oild, cant remember what its called..

ohh I just realised the topic! Erm just read the first line!! LOL

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 pm

We used an old sock stuffed with oats for a while for Benjamin's baths. Regarding getting wet oats off of cloth (yes, I agree - no fun! :lol: ) but I actually "dunked it" in the toilet like I do with soiled nappies and the oats came off quite nicely and just flushed away afterwards! :giggle: Then I just rinsed the "slime" off under the tap and threw it in the nappy bucket with nappies, and it came out perfectly clean in the end. However, I have to admit that I've more recently been too lazy to do that, and just used his Aveeno bath oil. :oops:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:17 pm

I buy cheap tights for the oat bath, cut them up and can get 8 baths out of one pair, and (although no very eco :oops: ) I empty out the oats and put the old bit of tights in the bin too.

Previous

Return to Natural Living and the Environment