hf1

Cloth around the house

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Cloth around the house

Postby happytails » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:34 pm

What do you use cloth wise around the house?

We use nappies and wipes though I forget most of the time to make up wipes solution so use disp ones too but want to pack that in! Dp wanys to use re usable tissues, kitchen roll and anything else bar wipes for toilet trips for adults - anyone else do this? How do you find it?

Sarah x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cloth around the house

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 pm

There's a very similar thread started today already here :wink: . We use cloth for everything other than toilet roll here. I can't really see why anybody would need to use anything else TBH.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Cloth for pretty much everything here ;)

My avatar
Saz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Saz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:51 pm

We haven't bought any household dispo things for a long time. Everyone uses cotton hankies if they have a cold, spills get mopped up with tea towels, dishcloths or old towels if they are really big (both sets of parents have given us their old towels so we have good stash for such occasions) and we all use 'family cloth' :wink: The only thing we buy is toilet tissue for guests :D

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:40 pm

We mainly use cloth around the house. Tea towels to clean up spills, face cloths for sticky fingers and mouths, cloth baby wipes etc. And we also use family cloth which we all love. DH needed some convincing, but now he wouldn't change it again. Now he uses one or two wipes to clean his backside as before he used almost half a roll of toilet paper :giggle:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

we use cloth wipes at home but not out, i also use a cloth dishcloth and washable dustcloth.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

What do you guys use to clean the toilet? Did off topic but iv always used a blue cloth which i throw again. :|

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

i use a cloth that's just for the toliet and when it's been used i bleach it and then put it though the washing machien and dry it as normal then put it away again

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

scarlet wrote:What do you guys use to clean the toilet? Did off topic but iv always used a blue cloth which i throw again. :|

i use a microfibre cleaning cloth, then throw it in with the nappies to wash...i figure if i trust the machine to clean the nappies then surely that's no different.

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment