hf1

Wow!!!!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Wow!!!!

Postby Mareth » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:56 pm

I've been sceptical about sun bleaching for ever. I've heard ladies on here say that things come clean that are slightly stained but I've tried it with fleece liners etc with no result at all!

But today, I put out one of Rhys' t-shirts on the line, when I put it out I noticed it had a huge stain on it from spaghetti bolognese (stupidly forgot to use a bib :roll:) but I thought, s*d it, I'll dry it anyway, then deal with it.
I just brought it in off the line and.......it's COMPLETELY clean :shock: totally and utterly pristine!!!

I'm so impressed :mrgreen:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Wow!!!!

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

It is one of those magic things, you really have to see it work on one of your own stains to believe it!

My avatar
Liss07
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Liss07 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:15 pm

It really is magical! It makes love the sunshine even more for it ;)

My avatar
buzzybee21
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby buzzybee21 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:40 pm

I despair over the winter - I have a child who believes that eating should be a whole body experience (the big one, that is :roll: ) But the lovely sunshine does old stains too! I have just sunned a 2-3 t-shirt that Alex made filthy and now its as good as new for T :D

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Another reason to be glad it's summer.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 pm

It really has taken me sunbleaching out a few of Kayleigh's shirts that were covered with whatever orange food it was to get David to understand why I would prefer Kayleigh's clothes dried on the line when possible.
The strange thing is that I would have always line dried in Aus, and for some reason never got all the stains to come out. I wonder what it is that makes the stains come out in the sun, is it partially down to the detergent you use as well?

Return to Natural Living and the Environment