hf1

Snails anyone?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Snails anyone?

Postby monsterm » Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 pm

I thought it was something you put in the garden to get rid of snails there for a sec :hohoho: :hohoho: I'm having problems with slugs at the moment :x

Pork cheeks are quite nice. Seriously, what is the difference between eating pig flesh & eating pig cheeks/liver/heart etc etc?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:11 pm

monsterm wrote:
Pork cheeks are quite nice. Seriously, what is the difference between eating pig flesh & eating pig cheeks/liver/heart etc etc?

I agree, but the thought of eating pigs cheeks horrifies me :giggle: I do remember having tongue on my sandwiches when i was a kid, that was until I realised what I was eating (it did take a few years :giggle: )

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Cheek is meant to be the tastiest piece of meat on most animals. Cod cheeks (when cod were truly huge) were highly prized.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:39 pm

I've eaten snails before but I think I'd probably catch something from the ones in my garden!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Not that I would ever try it but how on earth do you get snails out of their shells. I can touch the shell but the idea of touching the slimy bits makes me feel a bet grossed out.

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Asta wrote:I've eaten snails before but I think I'd probably catch something from the ones in my garden!

I'm pretty sure snails have lung worm, or so my veterinary nurse friend tells me, or is that only an issue for our canine friends, can people get lung worm??? :giggle:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm

mangajude wrote:
Asta wrote:I've eaten snails before but I think I'd probably catch something from the ones in my garden!

I'm pretty sure snails have lung worm, or so my veterinary nurse friend tells me, or is that only an issue for our canine friends, can people get lung worm??? :giggle:

Well, you can eat garden snails but you have to collect them and keep them for about a week on a diet of lettuce before boiling them (which is not nice as they try to get out. I know because my dad has done it) and then shelling them.

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Pinchette wrote:
mangajude wrote:

Well, you can eat garden snails but you have to collect them and keep them for about a week on a diet of lettuce before boiling them (which is not nice as they try to get out. I know because my dad has done it) and then shelling them.

Interesting, not sure I will be using this info first hand but you never do know. Guess you shouldn't knock it before you try it!

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am

Poor little snails :( and poor little piggy too :( Still, at least the snails are free range, and its got to be better than poisons. So long as you leave some for the thrushes!! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Living and the Environment