hf1

What's your fave eco wash powder / softner?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What's your fave eco wash powder / softner?

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 am

I used to use ecover or another one which I can't remember the name of right now but never used fabric softner. I have to admit though I missed the fabric softner smell of products like comfort, especially when drying clothes inside sp I buckled and bought some comfort which I have been using for ages now.

So, what's your favourite eco wash powder and fabric softner that smell lovely? I'd like to convert back but tried some ecover softner this week and I don't like the smell!

Thanks.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: What's your fave eco wash powder / softner?

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 am

I'm currently using Earth Friendly ECOS. I don't use a fabric softner but it smells divine

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 am

I don't use softener for anything, ever.
I've just bought some Method washing liquid (I never use liquid, this is a first for me and I don't think I'll continue). I usually use Simply.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 am

ladybird wrote:I don't use softener for anything, ever.
I've just bought some Method washing liquid (I never use liquid, this is a first for me and I don't think I'll continue). I usually use Simply.

Shadow where do you buy that from??

Shaunie, im the same...i love fabric softner...it makes the whole house smell lush too when the washing is drying!! :oops:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 am

Which one of the Ecover ones did you try?
The pink lidded one ("In the Flowers" or something like that) is ok, but their new yellow lidded one (called something to do with "Sunshine"... sorry not being very helpful with the names :roll: :giggle: ) smells divine :mrgreen:
IMO... :lookround:

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:36 am

doobykat wrote:Which one of the Ecover ones did you try?
The pink lidded one ("In the Flowers" or something like that) is ok, but their new yellow lidded one (called something to do with "Sunshine"... sorry not being very helpful with the names :roll: :giggle: ) smells divine :mrgreen:
IMO... :lookround:

I'm not a fan of the pink one, but the yellow one is lovely, we're using it atm! xx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:52 am

The Method I got with our Ocado shop. The Simply I usually buy in bulk, online. You can find it in tubs in the supermarkets though.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:58 am

I'm not 100% convinced on the Method washing liquid either :-?
I bought it because I love every other one of their products that I've tried, both in scent and performance.
But I just don't seem to be able to get the dosage right with their liquid. Too much and I'm rinsing forever (& this applies to clothes as well as nappies). Too little and it's not so great on stain removal, especially on whites :|
Seems to be a very fine line between too little & too much though :roll:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 pm

I've only done the one load with it so far. It smells nice (think I got the blue bottle 'Fresh Air'), not overpowering or nasty. It's the whole liquid thing I don't like - more likely to mess up the machine apparently.

Next

Return to Natural Living and the Environment