Paraben-free facewash?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Paraben-free facewash?

Postby littlesez » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:03 am

another vote for green people its free postage in august too so if you order today save a coupl 0f ££

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:35 pm

nappynutter wrote:SLS is derived from coconut or palm kernel oil.

Originally SLS was derived from coconut oil but the coconut oil is so processed you could never call it natural. It undergoes several chemical changes to become a detergent. Most SLS today though isn't derived from coconut oil, it synthetically made using the Ziegler process & has nothing to do with coconuts whatsoever.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 pm

littlesez wrote:another vote for green people its free postage in august too so if you order today save a coupl 0f ££

Oh fab, which site is that from hun?

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Shaunie wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:I wouldnt touch bodyshop with a bargepole. They dont test their products on animals, but they do buy from companies that test some of the other products they sell on animals if that makes sence. Extremly hipocritical in my eyes

And they are part of the Nestle group.

WTS

I say lush, they are initially expensive but they go along way! Plus they are animal good and they are fairly traded, and some are officially fair trade.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:07 pm

monsterm wrote:

Originally SLS was derived from coconut oil but the coconut oil is so processed you could never call it natural. It undergoes several chemical changes to become a detergent. Most SLS today though isn't derived from coconut oil, it synthetically made using the Ziegler process & has nothing to do with coconuts whatsoever.

My reply was in reply to a post about Lush. According to Lush's corporate office they use SLS from coconut but are in the process of removing it from products that have it.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm

nappynutter wrote:
monsterm wrote:

My reply was in reply to a post about Lush. According to Lush's corporate office they use SLS from coconut but are in the process of removing it from products that have it.

Sorry didn't realise that Lush said they use coconut derived SLS. Anyway wasn't trying to disput what you said, just wanted to point out what I said above, just in case anyone thinks that SLS is ok because it is "coconut derived". Any ingredient that says it is naturally derived or derived from a natural product is a chemical pure & simple, the "derived" rubbish is just propoganda. :soapbox:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:00 pm

monsterm wrote:Sorry didn't realise that Lush said they use coconut derived SLS. Anyway wasn't trying to disput what you said, just wanted to point out what I said above, just in case anyone thinks that SLS is ok because it is "coconut derived". Any ingredient that says it is naturally derived or derived from a natural product is a chemical pure & simple, the "derived" rubbish is just propoganda. :soapbox:

Lol, I agree with that totally. Lush do say they use natural ingredients where possible though (I think it says around 70% on their website). Obviously it would be better if it was 100% but at least they are honest and don't claim it's all natural. I don't by much from there because I prefer organic/handmade from Etsy but I have had a few gifts.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:
littlesez wrote:another vote for green people its free postage in august too so if you order today save a coupl 0f ££

http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/?gclid=CI6 ... tAodP3FyIg

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 pm

littlesez wrote:
zippie-purple-monkey wrote:

http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/?gclid=CI6 ... tAodP3FyIg

Thanks hun :wine:

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Living and the Environment