hf1

Family cloth!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Family cloth!

Postby ladybird » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a small lidded bucket in the downstairs loo (don't use cloth upstairs, but then I rarely go up there). Only I use cloth, I figure as the only female in the house I use the most tp. I daren't get the boys using cloth as our loo has a macerator, if cloth goes down the loo, it clogs the workings and I daren't short the electrics. Dh has to dismantle the whole lot after work (he doesn't get home until late) to unclog it and I don't wish that on anyone.
I wash with towels/whites on a hot wash.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 pm

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm

nappynutter wrote:We use this -

http://www.cheekywipes.com/baby-wipes-kit.html

Fantastic idea. I usually just chuck it in the kids nappy buckets.
I've been using cloth for a while now - even for #2's :hohoho: - u feel so so much cleaner for it. Have even convinced DH to give it a go as I'm so tired of having to stock up on loo rolls when we go to costco, not to mention the expense!!

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby knees_on » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Still not sure I can switch to no.2s :hohoho:

Anyway, I was most worried about DD3 using them and accidentally putting them in the toilet but she loves using them and always brings them down to the nappy bucket!! DD2 loves using them too! Once I get time (when orders are completed) to make wetbags and more wipes it will be really interesting to see if the novelty wear off :wink:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm

knees_on wrote:Still not sure I can switch to no.2s :hohoho:

Anyway, I was most worried about DD3 using them and accidentally putting them in the toilet but she loves using them and always brings them down to the nappy bucket!! DD2 loves using them too! Once I get time (when orders are completed) to make wetbags and more wipes it will be really interesting to see if the novelty wear off :wink:

Take the plunge :hohoho:
Seriously u'll wonder what took u so long :hug:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:22 pm

I know this is a slightly older thread but I have been reading with interest and have one question, what about visitors? I'm all for this idea but I know that I'd probably feel embarrased if I was round someone elses and had to use a cloth wipe. I suppose you'd have toilet roll out as well? x

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

We always have toilet roll in our downstairs loo for visitors. It's not just because they wouldn't know how to use cloth wipes :giggle: but also I wouldn't want anyone else to use our wipes.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:18 pm

ulig wrote:We always have toilet roll in our downstairs loo for visitors. It's not just because they wouldn't know how to use cloth wipes :giggle: but also I wouldn't want anyone else to use our wipes.

Exactly and you just know you'll find them down your nicely clogged up loo after they've gone if they've dared to use them :giggle:

Previous

Return to Natural Living and the Environment