hf1

Still looking for natural shampoo & conditioner

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Natural hair conditioner

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 pm

When you say you used bicarb and vinegar, how did you do that? :)

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:05 am

I used to have a plastic measuring jug in the shower and first mix some bicarbonate of soda with water (I don't really know the quantities cause I used to adjust it depending on my hair, around 1-2 tablespoons per litre perhaps?), pour that over my hair and let it 'act' for a couple of minutes, then rinse it off and do the same with vinegar - a nice splash and filled the rest of the jug with water.
My hair never smelled of vinegar (I was scared that it would at first) and I got my nice curls back without needing expensive creams or lots of 'scrunching up' while drying... but yes, the first couple of weeks or so of adjustment period are a bit awful. Also, your hair won't have the same feel as with normal shampoo and conditioner so that might take a little to get used to, but it felt so much healthier afterwards :)

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 pm

I'll give that a try - thanks! :)

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:04 am

Back to the drawing board looking for natural shampoo and conditioner. Red_Dwarf's Etsy lady didn't get back to me so I'm still looking for something suitable.

Please help me girls, I've resorted to using Johnson's baby shampoo at the moment as it's the only thing I had in the house! (It's been hanging around since DS was born, someone gave it to me but I didn't want to use it on him!)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:26 am

Mungo wrote:Back to the drawing board looking for natural shampoo and conditioner. Red_Dwarf's Etsy lady didn't get back to me so I'm still looking for something suitable.

Please help me girls, I've resorted to using Johnson's baby shampoo at the moment as it's the only thing I had in the house! (It's been hanging around since DS was born, someone gave it to me but I didn't want to use it on him!)

She did that with me the first time as she was away. but whedn she is here she generally replies really quickly.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Still looking for natural shampoo & conditioner

Postby Mungo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:18 am

Ahhh OK, I'll give her a bit longer :oops: They do look really lovely!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:08 pm

:giggle: :giggle:
I can send her a quick message for you if you want to poke her. she may have missed it.
Her stuff is lovely. I have the maya gold, the mocha razz lattee, the oh so delicious, and have ordered the acai acai and the chai one too :oops: :oops:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm

faith in nature are pretty good, don't have the usual rubbish in normal shampoos, so there is a switch over period but they do both shampoo and conditioner. They are based in uk, in manchester.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:03 am

red_dwarf wrote::giggle: :giggle:
I can send her a quick message for you if you want to poke her. she may have missed it.

Ooh thanks :giggle:

ramsons wrote:faith in nature are pretty good, don't have the usual rubbish in normal shampoos, so there is a switch over period but they do both shampoo and conditioner. They are based in uk, in manchester.

Will check this out too :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Living and the Environment