hf1

I can't stop looking at slings

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: I can't stop looking at slings

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:18 am

We need a stash pics thread for slings don't we? I'll start one tomorrow when DH is out :giggle:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 pm

:shock: :lookround: :oops: I've just ordered my first ever sling... :oops: :lookround: :shock:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

doobykat wrote::shock: :lookround: :oops: I've just ordered my first ever sling... :oops: :lookround: :shock:

Oooh what did you get Liz??? Is sling addiction going to over take the nappy addiction this time!?!?!?!? :giggle:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 pm

This one: http://www.lovetobenatural.co.uk/didymo ... linen.html

They did a silk mix version of it in 2010 (also limited edition) which, by the time I'd decided that I might want to use a sling & had fallen in love with the design, had long since sold out!! :doh:

Am hoping not to let a sling addiction take over - DH might never forgive me, as they're 4x the price on a nappy! :giggle:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 pm

doobykat wrote:This one: http://www.lovetobenatural.co.uk/didymo ... linen.html

They did a silk mix version of it in 2010 (also limited edition) which, by the time I'd decided that I might want to use a sling & had fallen in love with the design, had long since sold out!! :doh:

Am hoping not to let a sling addiction take over - DH might never forgive me, as they're 4x the price on a nappy! :giggle:

Ooh pretty! I am hoping to just get one sling too as there is no way I can afford a stash of them :giggle: I have been looking at the Didytai's as I love the look of wraps but prefer the idea of a mei tai! Love this one in particular http://www.didymos.de/en/Babywearing/DI ... 3ng450atq6 or something similar as I love turquoise type shades :widesmile:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 am

@Miss_Purple have you seen this butterfly wrap
http://www.didymos.de/en/Babywearing/DI ... -Silk.html

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I have a sling obsession too, actually more like a wrap obsession, I've been looking since before we were even TTC :oops:

I REALLY want an Earthy Rainbow wrap, although I hardly used a wrap much last time, but I think with a winter baby, a nice big ER will be lovely and warm for me and bubs.

I have my pod which I love, so that'll definitely get a lot of use once baby is bigger. I kind of would like to try a MT again, but could never get on with one properly with Rhys.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:58 pm

OMW, that is absolutely beautiful! :love:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm feeling a trifle sling obsessed too! I am planning on lots of local walks with my beloved vintage silver cross, but for anywhere we go on public transport or by car, the faffage of prams puts me off. Been there, done that, don't like it, I think slinging will be so much easier.

I didn't get into slings til dd was 3 months, and my main love was for mei tais. But I'm really happy with the babyhawk we have, so don't feel the need to stash up. Ditto I have a pouch and a ssc (beco 4th gen, but fab) so not bothered about trying others. Yet...

Have read and thought lots about wrapping, so that's where my trial and error is going to be in the next few months! I can't afford a big stash, so will play about buying and selling preloved til I find the right combo for me.

My stretchy (tricot slen in indigo) for the early days is going to be my reintroduction to wrapping, and the LL woven (sunrise) is hopefully an easy one for making the woven leap.

The lovely lady who runs the slingmeet and library I used to go to with dd is going to loan me a ringsling to try, which I'm super excited about! Can't wait for bump to become baba!

I am extremely tempted by a wrap conversion, as the squishyness and wrappyness combined with mei tai tying really appeals. But I've never seen one in the flesh, and there are a bewildering aray of options.

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things