hf1

All Terrain Prams

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: All Terrain Prams

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I was going to suggest a sling too, if the dog walks are the only reason for needing an all terrain pram.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 31, 2012 3:53 pm

I have a phil&teds and I've fitted a carabinner hook (sorry for spelling-TIRED today) and I attach my dogs lead to it. I have a carrier and sling too but wouldn't use it with the dog personally...it depends on how big your dog is/will get/how much it pulls and how heavy your lo will get. Have you tried carrying 20lb's odd whilst trying to pick up dog do-do? :giggle: Nothing-not even you- performs well in snow or ice-I love my slings (I have about 20!) but remember if you fall, baby falls. Also some days-your lo won't want to be in a sling or carrier so you might need something else anyway.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 pm

To be fair Dora, if the weather/snow is that bad, I wouldn't be going out. Can fall even pushing a pram x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Rox wrote:To be fair Dora, if the weather/snow is that bad, I wouldn't be going out. Can fall even pushing a pram x

Of course. Try explaining limits to my dog though!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Dora wrote:I have a phil&teds and I've fitted a carabinner hook (sorry for spelling-TIRED today) and I attach my dogs lead to it. I have a carrier and sling too but wouldn't use it with the dog personally...it depends on how big your dog is/will get/how much it pulls and how heavy your lo will get. Have you tried carrying 20lb's odd whilst trying to pick up dog do-do? :giggle: Nothing-not even you- performs well in snow or ice-I love my slings (I have about 20!) but remember if you fall, baby falls. Also some days-your lo won't want to be in a sling or carrier so you might need something else anyway.

Tbh though my personal opinion when I take my dog out (big pointer who likes to pull) is that it's much easier to hold dog lead with 2 hands rather than one hand and trying to steer pram with the other. A carabiner IMO wouldst be very safe if the dog suddenly pulls sideways and you haven't hold of the pram very tight (ie to pick up poo or blow your nose) its amazing how many times you don't have hold of a pram properly when you think about it. If you had a yorkie or something that would be a bit different but big dogs I'd say it was more dangerous.

I'd go with a sling or two and maybe a baby wearing coat for winter :) and just a normal pram for non dog walks or again just use sling x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 pm

I don't have a big dog and I have to say its the only situation where I praise the weight of the phil and teds!! :giggle: x

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 pm

I live on a farm and have the Jane Slalom Pro - it's fantastic!! Goes through fields, rough and bumpy tracks, and even rocky beaches. Can't recommend it enough.

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 pm

We have a lab too! We ds i had a mamas and papas pramette which i found rubbish for anything other than super smooth surfaces. So after about 2 weeks i bought the 360 nipper, and I love it, its been everywhere a dog and buggy can go! Woods, fields, mud, sand and never had a problem can also be steered one handed. Very handy when my lab wants to say hi to her doggie friends!
I've just bought the double version second hand as our second buba is due in Aug- i never looked at any other doubles I love my 360 so much.
My top tip would be to use slime in your tyres though to avoid punctures( we've never had one)

My avatar
DebbieP
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby DebbieP » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:52 pm

It's funny I had never seen these 360 before yesterday, then I saw loads whilst in town shopping and JL had them for us to look at. I think that we are going to go for a Bee and a sling / carrier initially and see how we get on then if / when we need to pick up a 2nd hand 360 or similar that we can keep in the garage for dog walking. We can change our dog walking route very easily for the days that I need to do that duty which will be 4 in every 10 days and DH or I can go out with dog on it's own the rest of the time! Thanks for all the advice though ladies, it's great getting opinions and help when it's needed!

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things